Laptop Freezing Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Freezing Issues

My Laptop (HP Pavillion dv6095) has a freezing problem with BF2 and the BF2142 demo.

Main Specs:

It's running an AMD Turion X2 TL-56 (1.83)
    Nvidia GO 7200 (128mb dedicated-256mb shared)
    2GB ddr2 667mhz RAM
    5400 RPM 100 GB HDD.

I can run at max res (1024x768) but native res is 1280x800.
    I have Textures and Texture filtering set to high, everything on medium.

I can get into a server no probelm, but the freezing problem happens offline & online. I could have just got into a server, 2 minutes later, Crash, but not always to desktop. Sometimes CTD, sometimes just game image freezes, tehn i go task manager and end process, but sometimes, I have I have to completely re-boot. As I Said, the same happens to BF2142, but then again I could get 3+ full rounds on a 64 player server completed, then it decides to freeze.

But what is really annoying me is the fact that it is only BF2 and BF2142, HL2DM, CS:S and DoD:S all work fine, all day, they might get a little laggy, but thats due to hardware usage. So it must be BF2 and not the laptop right?

I am using the 1.4 patch, I have tried without patch, the same occurs, I have re-installed, whiped out of registry and anythngi else that I could think of...and I can't play BF2 on my desktop because the internet on it is broken (something to do with my VIA fast Ethernet Adapter Rhine III), so my laptop is my only choice until I upgrade my pc....please help, if it does help, Im using the..

86.02 ForceWare drivers, I know little on Nvidia drivers (I've been ATI all my life..till now) So if it is as simple as that I am just using the wrong drivers, could someone please point that out and point me to the correct drivers...

Here my Graphics Card model again : Nvidia GO 7200

Please help me and Thank you if you do

Re: Laptop Freezing Issues

Try putting ur settings on all low @ 1024*768 and see what happens if it did not work u may have heat issue so download a program called ''everest"

Comment

Strangely enough putting everything to Low worked..on the BF2142 demo anyhow, havent tried BF2 yet, but they use the same engine right? Now the only probelm is I will have to play it looking SOO bad and ugly...

Comment

mostly labtop dont play gaming very well it get bad connection and not strong watt.

Comment

BF2 worked for bout an hour, then loads of weird black artifacts were appearing on the buildings and ground, soon after I had a CTD, also Im playing BF2 off the mains, so i think it has enough power...

Comment

Originally posted by [BGC] Chickydo
            BF2 worked for bout an hour, then loads of weird black artifacts were appearing on the buildings and ground, soon after I had a CTD, also Im playing BF2 off the mains, so i think it has enough power...
            Could try changing video drivers but that sounds an awful lot like what I've seen when the video card is overheating. Make sure all your fans are working and see if you have a temperature monitoring program that will show the GPU temp.

Comment

in the Forceware setting menu thing, I just look now after booting up my laptop, and it said it was 39 degress C, and the fan is set to always be turned on. I have tried using ATI tool because i heard that it works with nvidias aswell, but it says that the fan is uncontrollable. also in the temperature settings it say it is set to alarm me when the graphics cards reaches/exceeds its temperature threshold, which it claims, is 105 degrees C ?? :S, if any of this sounds wrong, could someone plz say? and also if a driver change is needed, which drivers to change to??

Ill remind you guys that im on:

Mobile Nvidia GO 7200 (128mb dedicated - 256mb shared)

and

86.02 ForceWare drivers...

any ideas?

Comment

Working...
              X