Ventrilo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ventrilo

Not sure if this is the right place for this, gonna try the vent forums too but.. Just wondering if anyone has seen this before. When I am on ventrilo and playing BF2/2142 or whatever, My ventrilo boots me out then rejoins. Almost like I lost connection or something. Other times it will just freeze up. Ill be talking and no one answers me, and I dont hear ppl talking so I go and check the vent screen to see if they are still there. And some ppls green mic button is stuck on. I'll have to exit and rejoin. I disable my 2 firewalls whenever I am on. I have uninstalled and reinstalled also with no luck. Dont know whats causing it, any suggestions.

Re: Ventrilo

It's caused by an overloaded internet connection. Only fix is to get more bandwidth.

Comment

I have cable 6+mb per sec.

Comment

Originally posted by -=TS=-stuntridah
        I have cable 6+mb per sec.
        Hmm, interesting. I run my Vent server on DSL 256kbps connection. When the connection is restricted to 64kbps (when data cap reached) I see exactly the symptoms you describe.

Maybe some other cause then (provided it's good quality DSL). Also the problem could be with the clients not having good connections.

Comment

Ya its like whatever happens its real quick then it comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by -=TS=-stuntridah
            Ya its like whatever happens its real quick then it comes back.
            Yup I get it with 4mb. Annoying only happens with the BF2 engine none of my other games.

Comment

No one eles on my team goes through this, so I dont think it is the vent server.

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE_18
                Yup I get it with 4mb. Annoying only happens with the BF2 engine none of my other games.
                You might have it there. Is Stuntridah running the Vent server on his BF2 comp, same as me? I also only get the problem when playing BF2. Maybe some software conflict with BF2's VOIP?

Comment

Thats an idea i'll try to disable voip and see if it still happens. It is only BF stuff that it has a prob with. Thanks, at least im not the only one. I was begining to think it was my PC or a port problem.

Comment

yea when ever i refresh the bf2 servers it kicks me out to bf2 login and my xfire disconnects. So its all bf2s fault its a piece of %#^@

Comment

Well I disabled VOIP and had no problems playing for 2 or 3 hours. Still to short of time to tell but looks good sofar.

Comment

Working...
                      X