Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62% Loading crash

Ello

i was wondering if anyone has the same problem as me, every time i load up a map, single or multiplayer BF2 (1.4) CTD's at 62% loading

anyone have the same problem?

Comp specs = Inte Dual core d 3.00GHZ
    GFX card = 6800GS 256mb
    Ram =DDR2 2GB (1gb sticks)
    HDD = 80GB seagate

cheers

Wolf

Re: 62% Loading crash

If this just started after installing v1.4 then might I suggest re-installing the v1.4 FULL patch.

Comment

i installed a fresh 1.4 FULL patch and it has no effect

Comment

Ok, try deleting the contents of:

c:\documents and settings\<your username>\my documents\battlefield 2

Comment

i used to get a freeze at 62%, had to do with the graphics card drivers, updated the drivers and it worked better, also if u just leave it for 5 or so mins it continues loading

Comment

He's getting a CTD .. so waiting won't help

But yeah, always update your motherboard, sound, and video drivers when you can.

Comment

im a bit of a noob, no idea what a CTD is ...

Comment

CTD = Crash to desktop... im surprised all people dont know this. Im getting alot more of them in 1.4 than 1.3

Comment

ahhh righto, i havnt been playing as much with 1.4 due to bad fps making it very unplayable but every now and then with 1.3 i used to get CTD just after it finished loading the map

Comment

Hey..be GLAD you don't know what a CTD is...maybe you haven't been plagued by them like some of us

Comment

I have experienced the "62% load and ctd" when i tried to max (high, AA, etc) my in game video settings.

now i just run all medium, the only issues i get are that i get occasional frozen video when flying in helos, maybe once every 5 or 6 flights. sometimes i get the CTD, but it is rare, maybe once an hour.

i have only had the game a week or so, so i am still tweaking the settings and not tested if this happens in singleplayer. i also notice that my ping rate stays between 150-250, not sure why. Another thing is that when the game crashes, i check task manager and the bf2 process is using about 700M of ram, seems high? (may need to install more ram) I am thinking about reformating windows and reinstalling bf2 bc the box is overdue for a clean install.

I did install 1.4 patch, btw

even with these issues, today i am still somewhat happy with the game for now, heh....

Comment

Still aint resolved the problem, i laready have had my latest gfx card drivers installed, motherboard & soundcard drivers

Ive tried deleting my bf2 folder in my documents & still...it doesnt work lol

Dice are officially mongs

any other suggestions?

Thanks

Wolf

Comment

Working...
                        X