Single bomb release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single bomb release

I've seen some previous videos that show some insane accurate single bomb drops from about 300 feet. I know it's been discussed somewhat but how do you pro pilots know when to release when there is no CCIP on the HUD?

Do you have a 'sweet' spot on the HUD marker of where to line up your target? I'm pretty decent with the F-35 at low alititude drops, but my high altitude releases are never on the mark.

Re: Single bomb release

Originally posted by Skwurl
    I've seen some previous videos that show some insane accurate single bomb drops from about 300 feet. I know it's been discussed somewhat but how do you pro pilots know when to release when there is no CCIP on the HUD?

Do you have a 'sweet' spot on the HUD marker of where to line up your target? I'm pretty decent with the F-35 at low alititude drops, but my high altitude releases are never on the mark.

No you just get used to the physics of BF2... so you know when/how to drop bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
      No you just get used to the physics of BF2... so you know when/how to drop bombs.

In other words, pro pilots aren't gonna tell you squat. They'll remind you to keep practicing.:laugh:

Comment

^^As simple as it gets =D

Comment

A single bomb release I think happens when you are only able to reload a partial payload. You fly over the airfield/carrier and get 1 bomb rather than 2 or 4 or 5. After that, if you try and drop bombs you only drop 1 at a time.

Comment

Ive posted a video on how to do it and I also have a sheet, tutorial on most bombing modes. Ive left PWs method out because I didnt really use it.

Off Topc- Metallica, you are an evil SOB. I tried using the bomber, cutting off bombing drops by switching to missiles, dropping bombs by 1 or 2, and its combat potentian is absolutely stunning... In the same time, this same method allows to create 2 volleys of bomb drops, as you said. I switched mine to 2 and 3 no problems.

Comment

I prefer to use a near vertical flight profile directly above the target for singles.

I usually dont just let one single go.. I prefer to drop em all.. one of the bombs will get the target.

If they make a game where you can lase or enter coords into the bomb and dispatch it I'll get more into it. But have not seen it since DiD's EF2000 flight sim.

Comment

You know, I would really enjoy it if SQLs had laser designators so you can only release your bombs at those specific targets/areas...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                  Ive posted a video on how to do it and I also have a sheet, tutorial on most bombing modes. Ive left PWs method out because I didnt really use it.

Off Topc- Metallica, you are an evil SOB. I tried using the bomber, cutting off bombing drops by switching to missiles, dropping bombs by 1 or 2, and its combat potentian is absolutely stunning... In the same time, this same method allows to create 2 volleys of bomb drops, as you said. I switched mine to 2 and 3 no problems.

Comment

So do you give me your PayPal or can we settle this with a drink at the Blye Oyster?
                    Haha.

This is a generally underused method of total jet ownage.

Skwurl, check this out, just for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5GLrGtrbnc

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                      So do you give me your PayPal or can we settle this with a drink at the Blye Oyster?
                      Haha.

This is a generally underused method of total jet ownage.

Skwurl, check this out, just for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5GLrGtrbnc
                      Thanks, checking it out now...

Also, I believe DiCE missed a HUGE opportunity when they got rid of the laser designators. They had the chance to make jets part of organized team play instead of the solo routes they currently go (not all pilots, but most...)

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl

Also, I believe DiCE missed a HUGE opportunity when they got rid of the laser designators. They had the chance to make jets part of organized team play instead of the solo routes they currently go (not all pilots, but most...)
                        Me believe the same. Could have been a huge impact on immersion.

Comment

Working...
                        X