Connecting to the server fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting to the server fails

i've been playing today, everything went well, now i start BF2 and i want to log in, it doesnt work, i had this problem with older versions, but i have 1.4 now.
    it just doesnt want to log in, it keeps showing me the "logging on to server" screen, i cant quit it, i cant exit, it completely hangs in some sort of infinite loop
    only when i unplug my network it can respond, and it says "there's a problem with the server"
    like duh, i pulled the plug

the same story over and over again, i waited 15 minutes once, but it kept showing me that irritating screen.

my network switch shows no activity at all, so it isnt connecting or anything as far as i can see.

Re: Connecting to the server fails

The EA account login servers have been screwed all day.

Try again tomorrow.

Comment

life's a btch....
      no time to play tomorrow :'(

aargh, frustrations

*hits his spare keyboard for frustration expressions*

thnx btw :P

Comment

It WILL work if you let it sit for around 5 or so minutes. Works for me if I do that.

Comment

So that's it - EA servers are messed up?! That is so sad I dont know where to start. I even called EA support today who told me everything was fine and I should check my ports! Is EA support the most useless organization in the entire world or I am just being too kind?

Comment

Yes, sometimes EA support CAN be useless. I have a ticket in right now and the responses I'm getting back are laughable.

I imagine they are quite busy with BF2142 crap right now.

Comment

Good point - why support a game which you have already squeezed dry - move on to the next one!

Comment

Same thing happening now.... doesn't want to log in keeps hanging at the connect to account screen- what gives?

After letting it sit the game message appears saying "the server has refused connection"

I just re installed everything BF2, SF2, full 1.4 patch... same deal. what the heck is going on? I can't play at all... HELP!?!

Re tracing my steps... 2 nights ago, played BF2 then finished the night with a couple rounds of SF. Yesterday, launched game when to click on my user name to connect, and it just stays there. Can't ESC, can't do anything, after like 5 minutes it tells me a game message: Server has refused connection. So I tried one of my other accounts and same thing!! What gives??

Comment

Working...
                X