X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An End...And The Beginning For StrafeRight Battlefield

Hello people,
    I hope the day is treating you well.

I wanted to make an official post over here about what were doing over at StrafeRight since so many of you frequent our Battlefield 2 servers.

It was a difficult decision but we felt that with Battlefield 2142 coming, of which we have played extensively and feel is going to be an excellent game, that there was no longer a need to host two Battlefield 2 servers.

We have closed down our long lived and loved Battlefield 2 City Maps server and have made it a Battlefield 2142 Demo server that, upon the retail release of the game, will become a full fledged Battlefield 2142 server.

We still love, maintain and support Battlefield 2 at StrafeRight with our Karkand/Jalalabad server which will continue to thrive and will even have a map thrown in on the weekends, Sharqi, to keep things interesting.

Thank you so much for all of the great times on StrafeRight City Maps and know that I truly look forward to seeing all of you in the new age of Battlefield 2142.

See you on the Battlefields!

Craig
    StrafeRight.com

ps
    as always, a big thanks to TBf2 for the great platform that connects all of the vibrant Battlefield communities. Keep it up people!

Re: An End...And The Beginning For StrafeRight Battlefield

Everyone must move on. I'll see you in BF2142 on Saturday.

Comment

StrafeRight City Maps was the finest Battlefield 2 server I've ever played on with mature admins and a great community of talented players. It will be missed. Now get Sharqi Pennisula in your other servers rotation already so I can go pwn Volx in the face.

Comment

It is good to hear that there will be at least one BF2 server running. I'm going to try 2142, but it just adds some variety to game play.

Comment

meh, hopefully u guys give ET:QW a look too, I'm probably going to try and/or buy both and pick from there along with the rest of the clan....

Comment

True PWhore, Straferight is sweet. Though I'd rather knock Bungalow Bi11 out of his camped out tank. (shakes fist)

Comment

i love playing on the straferight servers ....but cant wait for bf2142 now...

Comment

Thanks Straferight

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                  meh, hopefully u guys give ET:QW a look too, I'm probably going to try and/or buy both and pick from there along with the rest of the clan....
                  We've already secured the dedicated machine for QW:ET

Dual Xeon//4gb//100mbit uplink just sitting at our Col and waiting for the day

Now if they'd just deliver that gem!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. See ya soon!

Comment

i guess the nade whore volx will have to et 2142 OR find a diffrent server.

Comment

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
                      Everyone must move on. I'll see you in BF2142 on Saturday.
                      Why must everyone move on? BF2 is only 15 months old. I mean it is not like it is 3 years old and time to move on! Hell, Star Craft is 8 years old and it is still thriving.

Comment

I ain't moving nowhere lol BF2142 looks craptastical compared to FH2

Comment

Good work Straferight.

I only hope that you maintain the quality in the 2142 as you did in BF2.

I wont be getting 2142, but wish you best of luck.

Comment

Awww...Heavy, sorry to hear that...well I'll surely see you in BF2 then

Comment

FCUK Betafield2142,i would rather lick monkeys balls

Comment

Working...
                              X