ok ive had it :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok ive had it :(

ok when i go to start bf2 i click the little icon thingy and it starts then says i need my cd. so i opean my drive and then i check its in there and close it. then i click again and it still dont work... i have opened and closed it to wait for the auto start thing kick in but nope its in there but my comp thinks it isnt... PLZ HELP!!!

Re: ok ive had it

Does your CD-ROM drive pick up other cds when you put the disk in? And can you browse your BF2 disk from windows explorer?

Comment

no i put in bfv in to and it still doesnt find it and that 2nd one i have no idea wat ur talkin bout, oh i forgot to add this happens only sommetimes like sometimes my comp is lik ehmmm im too lazy to play bf today so im gonna piss off blankster its not like it just stoped workin forever like it was workin fine yesterday, its only like every 3-2 days...

Comment

Windows explorer = click "start menu", then click on "my computer". Thats windows explorer. If you can't see your CD-Rom drive listed there, then you have issues with your CD Rom Drive.

Sounds like either your CD-ROM drive is on the way out, or its not connected to the motherboard properly, or you could have a power supply issue, or just a bad software configuration.

But basically, its not BF2s fault, you have a fault with your CD-ROM drive thats either faulty hardware or a bad software setup.

Comment

oooohhhh ok well i go in that and click on the drive that its supposed to be in and it says please insert blah blah blah ok ill open her up and make sure everythins ok thanks

oh but sometimes if i restart it works

Comment

Originally posted by M-249 jblankster
            so i opean my drive and then i check its in there and close it.
            Not being rude or anything but when you check... the CD is in there right?

Comment

Yeah somethings screwy, maybe with Windows, maybe with the drive itself. Not to sure if I could exert myself enough to explain how to fix it for you.

Are you drunk, high, or just crap at typing?

Comment

Originally posted by K8T
                Not being rude or anything but when you check... the CD is in there right?
                yes it is in there

Originally posted by mlkmnz
                Yeah somethings screwy, maybe with Windows, maybe with the drive itself. Not to sure if I could exert myself enough to explain how to fix it for you.

Are you drunk, high, or just crap at typing?

yes im crap at typing

Comment

Originally posted by M-249 jblankster
                  yes im crap at typing
                  Cool. Just checking, your posts are really hard to comprehend.

Comment

sorry its just im a lazy typer so i try to abv. everythin lol

Comment

The drive is detecting? Check: Right Click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager > "And check if anything has a yellow question mark ??" If so check if its a rom drive, if your drive is displaying in My Computer this shouldnt be a problem but doesnt hurt to check.

Comment

it mite be a bad dvd drive...u can get a new one or go dl a mini-image of the game and mount it with daemon tools

Comment

hope you get it fixed good luck!

Comment

ok see i diddnt restart but it suddenly worked i jus had a fun time playin!

Comment

Have you tried cleaning your CD ROM drive?

Comment

Working...
                              X