Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game crashing after the crash

After the splash .. sorry..

Suddently the game doesn't even start ..
    I double click on the icon on the desktop, the splash screen appears and it closes normally but the game doesn't start ..

There's a process in the tasks (bf2.exe) regularry working but the game doesn't show up..

What could it be?

Re: Game crashing after the crash

tried to reinstall?

Comment

yes but this didn't solve the problem ..

Comment

Originally posted by Elbryan
        I double click on the icon on the desktop, the splash screen appears and it closes normally but the game doesn't start ..
        There's a process in the tasks (bf2.exe) regularry working but the game doesn't show up..
        What could it be?
        Did you modified the hardware or the software on your computer recently?

Comment

One tip is to make a copy of the C:\Documents and Settings\WTF1\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles folder

Do this as soon as all your keys are set and your happy with the game playing ok

As soon as you run into problems like this, replacing this folder usually does the trick

Comment

Negative ..
            I can remember only a Windows's crash today but I weren't playing in that moment so I can't say that the crash ruined the game..

I've upgraded my video card's driver and checked out the refresh frequency .. the game won't start.

I've the pure vanilla (only the original game, i haven't installed 1.4 patch yet) but the problem is still here.

This is weird because that never happened to me ..

Originally posted by old sch00l
            One tip is to make a copy of the C:\Documents and Settings\WTF1\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles folder

Do this as soon as all your keys are set and your happy with the game playing ok

As soon as you run into problems like this, replacing this folder usually does the trick
            I've the Battlefield 2 (document's one) backuped somewhere and ..
            I've deleted entire Battlefield 2 folder and when I start the game it creates Battlefield 2\dmp folders.
            I've copied into that the Profiles's one but the problem was still there.

I've copied ALL the Battlefield 2 (yea .. the document's one) and subfolders and now the game starts ..

I want to try something ..

I've deleted, now that the game starts, the Battlefield 2 folder and the splash shows up, the game goes into full screen mode and it closes .. (it generates a dmp file).

Now I copied only the profile one and the game works ..

Voodoo informatic .. but .. it works ._.

Comment

Please post in the support forum when you need help.
              Moved.

Comment

You can also lock yourself out of the game screen being visible by choosing a resolution/refresh rate higher than your monitor/lcd supports

to get in game and fix this, you can overide the refresh rate to 75hz..

Start run > dxdiag > More Help tab > Override Value > 75

Might also help this problem when peeps go messing

Comment

Today the problem still persists .. replacing the documents folders doesn't help anymore ..

what should i do now?

Comment

run it in window mode- right click on the shortcut, and where it says -fullscreen 1, change 1 to 0. This will show if there is any errors

Comment

Working...
                    X