please help my game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help my game

gettin 15fps sometimes 25 and it is really starting to piss me off hearing the ppl that get upwards of 100. i have tried everything possible such as newest drivers bios flash and all hardware is reading true in system. i run all game settings on low. aa off and dynamic something or the other off.
    P4 2.8
    2 512 sticks of kingston ddr400
    maxtor 7200 (i know it not the best as well as most of this crap)
    gigabyte ga-81848-g motherboard
    ati radeon 9600 pro 8xagp 256m
    dell 990 19inch
    comcast 6.5 test to network runs at max speed
    all bios options for agp are on aperature is set to 256
    proc running hot at 78-80 c
    no fans are dysfunctional
    ati drivers are latest catalyst control
    my ping to favorite server is 16-30
    sound card if it mattters is creative sb24bit (really cheap)

the game was installed then 1.4 patch as a fresh install, i redid entire windows and updated cause i use to get 35-75 fps then it stopped working the way i like it to, cannot think of what changed to make this happen so i redid entire everything. this post is not for the weak i mean sh#@ this has really bugged me and aa few others as to where this problem stems from.

Re: please help my game

I don't know much about ATI. But from what I do know, the 9600 is borderline and you most likely aren't gonna get great FPS with that card.

Comment

Try posting in the support forum when you need help. In the future posts will be deleted.

Comment

I will tell you this. BF2 depends on optimizing your system for it as much as it depends on the hardware you have. Google "bf2 lag", that’s a start. It wont fix all of your troubles but it will help.

Comment

ive done all that stuff and moderator i apologize for my ignorance. ive seen ppl with same stuff get better fps and i also have recieved better fps but then it changed and it was after 1.4 i installed 1.4 patch. the 1.3 made me just forget about the game cause of lag it caused. is there anyone else with same card that can tell me the drivers they used to get the desirability they want.
          ps-moderator please move my post to help area so i dont clog up this forum

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
            I don't know much about ATI. But from what I do know, the 9600 is borderline and you most likely aren't gonna get great FPS with that card.
            true.....but another gig of RAM will definatley help!

Comment

he doesnt need another gig of ram since hes running all low

r u sure ur running all low? cuz tehre are some options like dynamic lighting where theres low and then theres off and off is alot better

Comment

any option such as dynamic lighting and anti-aliasing are off and im positive everything else is set to low. view scale distance is set to 100 tho.

i even run my desktop at 16 bit all black

Comment

I suggest you think about upgrading to a decent recent gfx card, the Ati 9600 is getting on a bit now.

You can still get good next generation gfx cards that run on AGP, ask in here, they'll tell you which one is good depending on your buget

1.5 gig'o'ram should still be the min tbh, especially if you don't want your system talking to your hard drive - which is sooooo much slower than talking to the memory you just ran out of

Comment

well i justupgraded video card to ati x1300 gxe (8x agp 512) reinstalled bf2 with 1.4 and my frames still 15.0. for the record can i buy a 1g stick of ram and still use a 512 stick

Comment

patch 1.4...

Comment

Originally posted by mudgunner
                        for the record can i buy a 1g stick of ram and still use a 512 stick
                        yes you can, but try to get the same brand memory as the one you've already got, helps compatability issues that can sometimes happen if you don't

Comment

yes , i installed game then non-incremental 1.4 patch. one thing should artifical intelligence in catalyst be on or off, second is under api specifiac i have support dxt texture checked, alternate pixel center is off as well as triple buffering and force 24 bit z-buffer, are these settings wrong i know the others are right. th eone thing i noticed is while loading map it takes forever but it sticks real bad on the first 14 percent then it jumps to 33 percent (animations) and sticks again until about 45 percent then ithe rest loads up no problem but the whole load takes about 2 minutes. no matter what i change for viseo settings as far as low or high there is no difference in frame rate. my monitor refresh is at 85 as well as in the game could this be the issue at all cause here again ive toggled with that crap from 65hz to 85hz. the new viseo card tho says it will do 120hz with this monitor

Comment

you would need to up your processor (process DICEcode/EAinterfearance:realy fast lol, then as long as you have enough memory (2g pref); the next bottle-neck is the gfx card

save up for this part, it makes the most difference

btw. turn off:
                            -triple buffering
                            -vsnc (turn back on if gfx tearing occurs)
                            set AA/AF to !Application Controled!

you need med maybe low for 55+

1024x768:85hz
                            1280x1024:75hz

what everyone forgets: when the $hit hits the fan graphically -50+ fps for fun = why 120+ to start with is desirable

Comment

theproblem is solved. i bought a master cooler fan and heat sync and installed it. now getting 60-90 fps with all settings on high except for AA(not sure what that even does) thanx all for the help and support now im kickin butt in =AT= server. feel free to stop buy and play some infantry only, just look out for me i will be watching...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X