Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2CC Memory problems.

Here's something of interest

Well after I heard what happened on Wednesday about the amount of CTD's I looked into the problem further. On Wednesday - the problem seemed to be a BF2CC issue. However I understand that people were crashing after more than a couple people joined the server.

So here is what I found:

1. BF2 now consumes more memory than before - I show it peaking at 740 mb per map.

2. When you disconnect from the server to go to another server or in case of server restart: BF2 does not release the memory back to the 150 mb or so like it should instead it leaves you "locked in" at the higher value. This is why when you go to another server, change maps etc, your graphics goes downhill, your sound or you CTD because now you are using double the memory necessary up to 1.2- 1.4 gb.

3. This does not just occur with the MOD, but people on the "net" have complained about this with "plain BF2" POE and many other mods.

Here is a link on Google and I used the BF2 Processes to find it...

So to fix this what I did was remove these files as a test from the ASW_02 mod. (move them to a different folder)

I then set up BF2CC differently. Auto Balance is always on. So if you end up on the wrong team, just switch teams or "suicide switch". However on a map change or anything that causes the server to restart, like map change etc, it is best everyone leave the server. A MAP RESTART is not the same as a Server Restart.

With just a map restart - you do not leave the server.

Until I can narrow this down more, we will try these things to see if they work.

After reading the different froums etc, I can see that EA is giving their "full effort" to fix this problem by the number of "happy" players out there... Rolling Eyes Wink

So stay tuned...

s/ ASU

Re: BF2CC Memory problems.

I'm not sure what I think of that. BF2 has ALWAYS peaked out at 600+MB. I think that guy is just stating the obvious and trying to sound like it is a new discovery.

Comment

Re: BF2CC Memory problems.

We never had problems like this before....

Comment

Working...
      X