Do you think medics ought to fight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think medics ought to fight?

First of all, why do we need medics on the battlefield?
    The answer should be clear for everybody: to get teammates back in the fight.
    Right? This is the primary duty of a medic. Revive the dead, heal the wounded.
    To be a good medic for your team is to take care of your people.
    Doing your job also brings you a great deal of points, which you rightfully deserve.
    Then what does a medic need such a good primary weapon for?! He’s not supposed to have a need for weapons; we have assault for this job. Or have we?!
    Lately medics are assaulting the battlefield. Why? Because they can!
    I remember a funny story related to medics.
    I was on Fushe Pass. I was protecting a flag when a squad attacked us.
    Because the fight was in close quarters, I had my knife ready and just killed a guy with it. Out of nowhere, a medic jumped and revived the dead guy.
    I was rushing to knife the medic, but I just killed the same guy again, while the medic was running away to revive another dead comrade. So I run again after him and killed the second guy, while the medic closely slipped from my knife. He returned to the first dead guy to revive him. It was a cat and mouse like game, with me chasing the medic, while he kept reviving and always evading me. In the end, some other guy finally got me, but the chase made me laugh so hard. :laugh:
    Now I’m not saying he did a good or a bad job, although if he’d stopped to fight, I would have knifed him, but I hate to see more and more medics and less and less assault guys in the game.
    Your thoughts?

Re: Do you think medics ought to fight?

Medics should fight and stat pad

Comment

I think it would be a good move to make both unlockable medic guns single-shot only. They would still be powerful but it would take more skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Dern Humpus
        I think it would be a good move to make both unlockable medic guns single-shot only. They would still be powerful but it would take more skill.
        Well the L85A1 is already used as a huge clipped sniper rifle

Comment

Medics should have a weaker gun. I also think that medics should take time reviving players, which means, they have to hold their shock paddles over a dead body for a few seconds like a wrench. I hate those instant revives. When I get two or three kills, a medic instantly revives them...

Comment

Well, most of the time, medics run in with their paddles in hand, reviving your whole team infront of an enemy tank. So, they already kinda don't use weapons :P

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
              Well, most of the time, medics run in with their paddles in hand, reviving your whole team infront of an enemy tank. So, they already kinda don't use weapons :P
              Haha... That's true. I love medics try to revive road kill victims. I just back up and ram into them.

Comment

They should have given them sub machineguns.

Comment

PoE did this right. They removed the nades and gave the medics a less powerfull weapon than the assault kits. Then to top it off they got less ammo as well. So if you want to go medic, your job will be to keep your team alive, not to be a self healing assault class.

Originally posted by Batausu
                  First of all, why do we need medics on the battlefield?
                  The answer should be clear for everybody: to get teammates back in the fight.
                  Right? This is the primary duty of a medic. Revive the dead, heal the wounded.
                  To be a good medic for your team is to take care of your people.
                  Doing your job also brings you a great deal of points, which you rightfully deserve.
                  Then what does a medic need such a good primary weapon for?! He’s not supposed to have a need for weapons; we have assault for this job. Or have we?!
                  Lately medics are assaulting the battlefield. Why? Because they can!
                  I remember a funny story related to medics.
                  I was on Fushe Pass. I was protecting a flag when a squad attacked us.
                  Because the fight was in close quarters, I had my knife ready and just killed a guy with it. Out of nowhere, a medic jumped and revived the dead guy.
                  I was rushing to knife the medic, but I just killed the same guy again, while the medic was running away to revive another dead comrade. So I run again after him and killed the second guy, while the medic closely slipped from my knife. He returned to the first dead guy to revive him. It was a cat and mouse like game, with me chasing the medic, while he kept reviving and always evading me. In the end, some other guy finally got me, but the chase made me laugh so hard. :laugh:
                  Now I’m not saying he did a good or a bad job, although if he’d stopped to fight, I would have knifed him, but I hate to see more and more medics and less and less assault guys in the game.
                  Your thoughts?

Comment

according the the rules of war...medics arent suppose to be armed...but this is a game and if their guns were weakened...then ppl would complain about the weak guns and flame EA more

Comment

I feel that at the very least a medic should not be able to heal themselves. I also feel that they should make their weapons less powerful, but i care less about the weapons than i do about the one man army ability that medics have, as they can heal themselves.

I hate sniping medics because if i dont get a head shot, they are full health in no time, and i have to hit them again... and again... and again.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                        according the the rules of war...medics arent suppose to be armed...but this is a game and if their guns were weakened...then ppl would complain about the weak guns and flame EA more
                        Huh? The Geneva Convention allows medics to carry light arms for self defense and defense of the wounded.

Comment

A medic is a combatant, he/she carries whatever they are issued

Comment

We do fight. I hate peopel who complain about the medics! The medics are people who keep you alive longer and they are the people who revive if you are down and yet you still complain that we stats pad and dont help the team! give us a break we have enough to do keeping your asses alive! Its not like you cant go medic!

Comment

I am a perfect example of how a medic should be.. I think so If I look to other soldiers who can't even shoot a tin can from five meters away with their rifle I just say to them take another class like assault I think the toob would better fit you as the medic class.

It's so annoying when you're dead and someone is throwing medic bags on your face instead of using the shock paddles. The nubness..

Comment

Working...
                              X