Stats Complaints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats Complaints

It seems like every few weeks the primary complaint on this forum switches from topic to topic. A while ago it was claymores, then it was the 1.4 patch, then TK'ers, and ATM it's stat padders..

But really, I'm forced to ask, why do any of you care? I recognize that some people put alot of time into this game and have a sense of pride about their ranking and their score, and I can completely understand that. While I myself am still relatively low in rank, I too get a small sense of accomplishment from it.

But really now - I play for fun. I'm sure that most all of you play for fun. Do you really care what the guy next to you is doing? Is the support guy mortaring you with grenades invincible and ruining your day like the TK'ers do? By now we all know what to expect in IO servers - stat padders by the dozen. So if you're still joining them and expecting something different, do you really have a right to complain? You know what they are, let it be at that.

A high rank gets you two things - Priority in applying for commander, and a weapon unlock. Stat padders aren't going to apply for commander, because they want the glory of lots of kills and points, and being commander doesn't always get you that. And as for the unlocks, if they spend 90% of their time stat padding, what are the chances that having a different gun is going to make them any better of a player? Nill.

There's always at least 500+ servers out there. I'm sure you can find one without stat padding. Heck, I'm sure you already know which ones are good and bad.

And yea, I know, everyone has a right to vent and this forum provides that for them, and I'm not calling anyone a b**** for doing just that. It's just that we're not making the best of arguements for EA/Dice to keep supporting the game in the future when more than 50% of our posts are complaining.

Re: Stats Complaints

For myself, its not "look, he has more points than me!".

Its more about sportsmanship and how they came to have the scores they have. My points are 100% legit, no 16/64 bs, no k&p bs, no working with clanmates on the opposite team. Their scores don't really effect me, unless we're both applying for CO, you are right about that. But to see people reduced to such lame methods of increasing their score takes away from the game.

Put it this way, I've been in 100+ matches on TWL in BF2, and I've had my a$$ handed to me by the likes of HOTT, dynamic, etc... I've also dished out quite a few butt whippings too. To play and get ran by someone 'cause of superior aim, or superior strats is one thing, but to play against someone and loose 'cause the guy is wallhacking or aimbotting isn't right (once saw a guy take out all 5 of us 5v5 with 5 consecutive 3 round burts from his M16).

I'll take the loss, as long as we're on a level playing field. Those k&p guys didn't earn their points....

Comment

Working...
    X