Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is how to get SF unlocks without buying SF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is how to get SF unlocks without buying SF.

I wonder if this is breaking the rules?

I'll just tell you how it happened for me. Before I had a mega computer of my own, I player BF2 from the beginning at a lan centre. After SF was released, obviously I went the the lan centre and played that to see what it was like, after about five minutes, I got all the unlocks available to me...

It's that simple. Personally, SF is not to my liking, but the unlocks that come with is pretty much almost make it worth it.

So this is for all you who didn't think of this yourself...

Now I play on my own computer, many months later and I have had the unlocks available to me since that first day. It seems all EA needs to decide whether you own the game is if you log into it, after 5 mins server side stuff (I assume), they give you the unlocks.

Also, I don't have all my unlocks yet, when I get 50k global points, I'll be interested to see if I can unlock the remaining SF weapons that I don't have.

I hope this is beneficial/not illegal et cetera, if you have a problem with this, don't just flame me, because that will get no where. you may as well flame me for knifing you :P BAM

Re: This is how to get SF unlocks without buying SF.

Smart thinking.

Yeah, all you have to do is log in and join a game to get the unlocks.

Comment

so, lets say you obtain a copy. Could you play on single player mode and get the unlocks?

Comment

No it has to be ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by Basra Bob
          so, lets say you obtain a copy. Could you play on single player mode and get the unlocks?
          online ranked servers and has to be obtained by legal means.

Comment

ah who cares if u break the rules

Comment

Unfortunately for me, there are no LAN centres with SF installed near me . Seriously sucks... I really want those unlocks, but I cant get them

Comment

Originally posted by fotrsaken
                BFROE usually does

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE_18
                  BFROE usually does
                  Also forum operators that don't want to get sued by EA.

I'm pretty sure EA doesn't have much of a problem with people using this technique though. Keep in mind that the SF unlock weapons are in BF2, not in SF so it's not like you are stealing the content. They aren't even hidden in any way which is why you can install a mod and use them in SP. It would be pretty much impossible to police even if they did have a problem with it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbossmatt
                    It's that simple. Personally, SF is not to my liking, but the unlocks that come with is pretty much almost make it worth it.
                    That still cracks me up, some poeple out there have the metality tht spending $20-$30 for unlocks is the way to go.
                    Special Forces is many ways is better than regular BF2.

Originally posted by fotrsaken
                    You would if you got a global hardware ban preventing you from playing any punkbuster enabled games. Getting banned from gaming forums might also cause some issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X