Glitched Weapon Names...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glitched Weapon Names...

Alright, we all know it's happened to everyone... and if it hasn't, you don't play enough BF2. These are events in which an individual is killed by a weapon's actual name, by a combination of two or more weapon identities, by something that just shouldn't have killed them, or by nothing at all.

I have a few screenshots of my own:

--

--

--

--

--

--

Add yours!

Re: Glitched Weapon Names...

Thats from you editng your localization files lol

Comment

Grappling hook kill, I must admit I didn't even think that was possible. How do you do damage with it? The same way you get a kill with a smoke grenade?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. DesertFox
        Thats from you editng your localization files lol
        No editing here... just good ol' fashioned BF2 gameplay. The Co-Axial MG, for example, is the Abram's driver machine gun; he killed a teammate near me afterwards, and it displayed as the regular M1A2.

Comment

I heard you can get grappling hook kills if you had an explosive, say a grenade / claymore killing the enemy while you are on the grappling hook

Comment

Originally posted by Furious321
            No editing here... just good ol' fashioned BF2 gameplay. The Co-Axial MG, for example, is the Abram's driver machine gun; he killed a teammate near me afterwards, and it displayed as the regular M1A2.
            nope, regular BF2 doesnt include any weapon names when you kill someone, and DesertFox is right your localization files have changed with either Ringmasters or Saladforks thats really the only way you can get the Weapon names up for when someone dies.

Comment

Its is possible to get the odd grapple hook kill but its rare Super pooper rare

Comment

If you lay a mine, then drive away in a vehicle, when someone is killed by your mine it will show you killed him with that vehicle. It’s a bug, nothing more.
                Sometimes you can see the message: ‘you were killed by …’, but you’re alive and kicking (and looking for your ‘killer’). :laugh:
                Nothing more than bugs.

Comment

No, he didn't edit his files. There are other posts about this. It is just a bug.

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53442&highlight=killed+by+actual+ weapon+name

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55495&highlight=killed+by+actual+ weapon+name

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28233&highlight=killed+by+actual+ weapon+name

The second to last pick I don't get. If it is the F2000, that is an unlock.

Comment

He is showing the artillary that was done by a squad mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                      nope, regular BF2 doesnt include any weapon names when you kill someone, and DesertFox is right your localization files have changed with either Ringmasters or Saladforks thats really the only way you can get the Weapon names up for when someone dies.
                      NO, it does. I have seen this many times. I have never used Ringmasters or Saladforks localization files, and I have seen this plenty of times.

Just because you might not have ever seen it, doesn't mean it can't happen.

Comment

In the greater picture, isn't this kinda low on the list of bugs / problems in bf2 ???

And my fav is when the LAV's kills read as [25mm gun]

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                          In the greater picture, isn't this kinda low on the list of bugs / problems in bf2 ???
                          True, but what is this, the bug report forum? I just enjoy sharing my battle experiences with people...

Originally posted by MoB|GunnerDoop
                          He is showing the artillary that was done by a squad mate.
                          Right. This occurred when I took a few shots at the AH-1 with the L96, then my commander's artillery finished them off. For some reason, it gave me the kills for it.

Comment

Those are not Saladforks/Ringmaster's edited localization files. These are...

Comment

Working...
                            X