Stupid rules...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid rules...

What do the following rules stated in welcome messages to various servers mean:

No Gaymores?
    No Lamers?

I figured out what no Cartiller was when i saw a jeep land on some artillery and destroy the artillery... at first i thought it was a typo, and for some reason the host of the server didn't want people using the artillery.

but Gaymores and Lamers? what the hell does that mean?
    In the mod of Starsiege: Tribes i play, Lamer is a test weapon only accessible in a debug mode, that deploys any object you desire at your cross hairs. But i'm quite sure that has nothing to do with this rule in BF2. and I have no idea what Gaymores are... perhaps Claymores that like to **** eachother... i dunno.

Re: Stupid rules...

Gaymores is a word used by people who get killed by claymores a lot and hit their keyboards and curse in German.

Comment

basically..dont piss anyone off and im not sure about gaymores

Comment

it's really hard not to piss people off though... either your killing them or being a noob... either way they get annoyed...

i remember when bunny hopping was still possible. i didn't know what the term ment, cause i'm used to games with jetpacks, where you fly to dodge. so jumping came naturally to me. people tried to kick me for it, and i didn't understand what they were talking about.

and another time someone voted to kick me, but never told me why. but that vote didn't pass anyway, cause my friends were the server owners.

thanks for the replies btw.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightOps
          Gaymores is a word used by people who get killed by claymores a lot and hit their keyboards and curse in German.
          what if you dont know german??

Comment

i tend to avoid servers with the stupid rules like that, end up being with some control freak of an admin

Comment

wow... thats an impressive avatar, munk_madness.

as for avoiding the servers with those rules, the way i pick a server to play on is by sorting first by ping, then by map. then based on whether i feel like being in a vehicle or not, i pick the map that will have the best chances of me getting in one of those vehicles, or a city map so i can be infantry.
              i pick the lowest pinging server running that map with the most players.
              and then i read the server name, to see if there are any special circumstances, like "this map 24/7" and/or infantry only.
              i don't actually read the server rules untill i'm connected and loading the map. and it takes awhile for me to load the map, so crappy rules aren't enough to convince me to give up what ever % i've already loaded.

besides, the only rule that turns me off enough to make me quit a server on most games is autokick for vulgarity. thats the dumbest rule ever, especially since the vast majority of the games i play are rated T for teen. so no kids should be playing anyway. of course, you join a squad and hear some 8 year old on voip anyway... but that just tells me that his parents are ok with him hearing what ever language i blurt out when i've shot someone six times in the head and they were still able to walk up and stab me in the pinky toe for a kill.

Comment

well everyone should read the server notice when joining a server, then you wont get off the wrong foot when you enter,

Comment

wow.. the email notification option on this forum is fast.
                  i refreshed the page, and it didn't show your reply, then my email showed your reply, then i refreshed again and your reply was there. most forums i visit take several minutes to do that.

Comment

this site is v.good, i dont use the email notifications, because most of the time im around with not much to do

Comment

Originally posted by Munk_Madness
                      what if you dont know german??
                      Then you can learn it here:

Comment

Those rules mean go play somewhere else to me. It basically means don't kill an admin with a claymore and don't do anything "lame" (things defined as "lame" are subject to change randomly and repeatedly during a round and can often be done only by the server admins and nobody else) that would piss the admin off. In other words, you're likely to get kicked/banned just for playing normally and killing the server owner.

Comment

why don't thye just make the rule "no killing admins"?

Comment

Working...
                          X