Hacked, great...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacked, great...

Well, I never thought I would get hacked but I guess today is the day. So, I came on tonight to reload my shaders because I just installed new ATI drivers and to my amazement the login tells me I have entered the incorrect password. Ok, this has happened few times before so I do it again and same thing.... it never does that so after a while of trying I check my gamespy account and BOOM! no more "Addequate" under my account. I check my email and it tells me that my email for "addequate" account has been successfully changed to a different email. Now, what can I do? it gave me his/her IP and email, Can I get my account back? if so can you point me in the right direction onto how to get it back? much appreciated!

Re: Hacked, great...

Look for a support contact on the site and email them. Forward them the information and an event ID if it is available. They should be able to clear it up, but it is going to take a day or so.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
      Look for a support contact on the site and email them. Forward them the information and an event ID if it is available. They should be able to clear it up, but it is going to take a day or so.
      support contact on gamespy?

Comment

Yes try and contact them. Maybe they can do something for you man I feel really sorry for you. Two star general and some punk was thinking he was funny..

Comment

Maybe that will start you on your journey.

Edit: wait is this a gamespy account or your BF2 logon?

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
            http://support.ignfoundersclub.com/i...sp?deptID=3087

Maybe that will start you on your journey.

Edit: wait is this a gamespy account or your BF2 logon?
            It's my BF2 logon. they changed the email address on my Addequate account and changed the password. My Addequate account is on my Gamespy account.

Bah, I'm going to have to deal with this tomorrow evening because I have class early. Thanks for the help and if anyone else has any other information please post on this I will check in the morning before I go and when I get back.

Comment

Can't find what you are looking for? Here is some content on the top issues to help resolve your problem.

It sucks for support, but it is a start.

Comment

Good Luck, Addequate. I feel your pain. I wish I could be of more help but truthfully I am at a loss. Maybe the powers that be will take action against the hackers. Banning them from the game would seem propper at this time. Again Good Luck! . . . . . .Red

Comment

muahahaha all your stats are belong to us!

srry I couldnt help myself.

....anyway, if you have his IP address you might be able to get a lot of info from that. If you find his ISP you can file a complaint with them and give them all the info you have and explain what happened and im sure they will just be thrilled to learn what he is doing with their service. Nothing like a little TOS infraction to get his internet shut off.

Comment

oh yeah, I hope you get a couple bucks off it too if it ends up on ebay for sale!

Comment

Do you use any P2P applications like DC++ ? (if u shared your my documents folder)

Inside My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001 contains your password which is encrypted, I have no idea whether its possible to crack, but someone hacking into the gamespy database seems unlikely (IMO).

Comment

This happend to StickyBombs, great dude I usto play with...gamespy couldnt do anything about it.

Comment

Meh all you have to do is lay another 200 hours on karky and sharki and you will be there again

Comment

damn man i feel sorry for you,
                            that rank and all that time is now probs wasted

Comment

Well, no success with EA. They told me that they can't do anything with password and that I have to create a new account.

Comment

Working...
                              X