No announcement yet.

Anyone Figure Out The Black Screen Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Figure Out The Black Screen Bug?

I searched the forum but didn't find anything.

The problem I'm having is every once in a while I start BF2 only to be greeted by an endless black screen. The last time it wouldn't go away, and I ended up having to re-install BF2. I tried just add-remove then re-install but that didn't even work. I actually had to delete the entire directory and start over before it would work. Now its doing it again, and this is after I've been playing all day. Sometimes a re-boot fixes it, and sometimes it doesn't.

It became so frustrating, I mirrored BF2 on another HD and OS. I usually boot into my 2nd OS and play from there but this is really getting stupid. Today OS #1 refused to go beyond a black screen, so I ran off my other OS. Came back 4 hours later and tried again and it worked fine.

Has anyone narrowed down what causes this?

Tks

Re: Anyone Figure Out The Black Screen Bug?

Mate, i have this exact issue please let me know if u find out WTF! it is...

Worked so so well for 2 weeks then suddenly gave up and Not responding.

Comment

I know others have had this issue, and it appears to come and go. The very machine OS I was having issues with is now working again and I didn't do anything to make it work. BTW it happends on Nvidia cards as well.

Bump

Comment

what OS are you useing. Do you have latest ati drivers/nivida

Comment

XP Home and XP Pro (2 different hard drives). One OS I'm running the 6.4 drivers and the other I'm running the 6.9 drivers. One day the black screen happends and the next its fine. All this without changing a single thing, and it happends on both OS'es.

Comment

Working...
          X