Major help needed. =(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major help needed. =(

Problem: BF2 crashes on startup. I've read the troubleshooting threads but nothing has worked. I got BF2 to run once, I was in game for a bit then it crashed my system (sound loop and all) I restarted and tired to reinstall. WHen I would load to 47% it would crash out to desktop. I reinstalled and now it CTDs as soon as I click on it. :cry:

My system is a Core 2 duo 6300. DS-3 mobo, 2 gigs OCZ platinum XTC and a 530w enermax power supply.

At first my mobo wouldn't run dual channel. I found it was a common problem and fixed it(updates BIOS to f6). I had some stability issues when ram was in 4-5-4-15. I set it to 4-4-4-12 and it worked ok. I have recently set it back to 4-5-4-15 and it seems to be working fine.

I don't have an A drive so I haven't been able to run a mem test. I ran one that would test it in windows and it came back ok. I still haven't figured out if my RAM is bad. When I was having trouble running in dual channel, I tried starting up with a single stick, then swapped sticks to see if it would run. Both sticks gave me no problems when they were alone on the mobo. I still don't know if my RAM is bad. I've tried setting the affinity and onjly running it on one core, but it doesn't help either.

What should I do?

Xfire : Adrenaline46

I can run BF2 right after I install it, but if I patch, I get this problem.

Re: Major help needed. =(

did you do a full patch

Comment

Yes I did a full patch.

I can play the original game(no patches) online.
      I've played online using a single stick of RAM and switched to the other again using only a single stick and I ran fine(I tested it with either stick to make sure they'd both work alone). When I run in dual channel I get one of these errors when I'm loading up about halfway through. If I chose cancel it closes the game, if I chose continue I get kicked for modified content when I join game.

Comment

maybe its your memory thats at fault, trying playing with only one stick in the mobo.

Comment

Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic
          maybe its your memory thats at fault, trying playing with only one stick in the mobo.
          I tired that. It works as long as it's unpatched. and I switched the sticks to make sure both of them worked by themselves.

I read up and fixed the sanity error. It had something to do with the SATA drive. I actually loaded up in running dual channel with no errors. :eek5: But it's still not patched. I decided to test it again, and it worked fine... but there was something fishy about this road....

I tried patching to 1.4 and now I'm crashing as soon as I start up again.

Comment

2 way try get new memory or it could be your video card over heat cause if you see that kind odd colors its mean your video card OVER HEAT happen get a water cooler lol

Comment

$50 reward for fixing my problem.

Comment

reformat your computer and instead of $50 buy me 2142 lol also check your temp either with ati tool or coolbits for Nvidia

Comment

When you bought the RAM, was it a 2gb kit....if so they are from the same batch and will have consecutive serial number. If not ( you bought 2 x 1gb separately) then they might not like working together. What about the resolution?? I have read on here somewhere about crashing probs when BF2 is trying to use a resolution not supported by the computer. I dont know how to fix that 1 if you cant even run BF2....but it will be along the lines of changing the res in 1 of the .con files to 800x600 then running it

Comment

There are issues with the Gigabyte DS3 and DQ6 mobos involving OCZ RAM. Many people have a hard time trying to get their system to run stable, and many systems won't run at all. I just ordered a new system and went with Mushkin RAM that was compatible.

Comment

Working...
                    X