This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i change bf2.exe with no cd patch

i need to change bf2.exe name buti have "no cd patch' how can i do this without screwing everything up

Re: can i change bf2.exe with no cd patch

Originally posted by mudgunner
    i need to change bf2.exe name buti have "no cd patch' how can i do this without screwing everything up
    right click on it and select send to desktop

then ull be able to change the name

Comment

or download deamon tools or alcohol 120% and mount a ***** image. that's what i do; it's much safer than using the .exes because if you ever patch the game you'll need a new .exe and im not even sure if you can log into ranked servers with a cracked .exe.

You're much better off getting a mini-image and mounting it.

hope that helps.

Comment

I had a friend do this once using that daemon tools thing, he ended up getting banned by PB permanetly, so let it be a warning to you.

Comment

The_Eliminator are you sure about that? I wanted to do this image thing today but I didn't knew if I could be PB-Banned or something. Are you sure your friend didn't had things like reddot.exe on it?

Comment

I've been playing bf2 with a mini-image for, well since i got the game. your not going to get banned by BP for using a mini-image because it doesn't actually do anything to the game files. Your friend should have made his own image instead of using someone elses.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
              I had a friend do this once using that daemon tools thing, he ended up getting banned by PB permanetly, so let it be a warning to you.
              He got banned for something other than using Daemon Tools. Many people have been using it ever since the game was released with no problems. If it caused problems with Punkbuster it would be doing it for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                Must have been for something else. I've used Alcohol 120 for like a year now and I've never had any kind of problems.

Comment

Same here. 120 works great.

Comment

These kind of files (aka Cracks) are illegal, dont do it

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                      Must have been for something else. I've used Alcohol 120 for like a year now and I've never had any kind of problems.
                      Wouldn't them talking about the Cracked exe's be breaking the rules?

Comment

yes

*cough*

Comment

You won't be banned for using an image, fact is you can take the cd out after it loads. Using a crack .exe is just stupid for this game.

Comment

Cracked .exe files will not work properly with BF2. If you do not own a legal copy of the game, then seek 'help' elsewhere.

If you DO own a legal copy of the game, then follow the instructions in the 'Mini-image tutorial' thread if you wish to learn more.

Closed.

Comment

Working...
                            X