Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very poor performance from ati rad9600pro

i am losing my mind, i have 1 p4 2.8 ht disabled 1g memory ddr400, 800bus
    ati radeon 9600 pro 256m 8x agp and my maps take forever to load and my fps starts at around 40-60 then ends up 15.0 and stayes there. I have tried everything including having all thelatest drivers for motherboard vc and all other components, windows fully updated and a fresh install. the only thing ive found to be fishy is the aperature size says 128 and the bios doesnt have anywhere to
    adjust it. as you all know it is tgough to play when by time the map loads all the flags are already taken and when you do finally see the action ur gettin 15fps. by the way my connection is comcast and on network tests i can get the best of the network. the connection is not the issue this i know for sure.please someone help me so i can get back to kicking butt in =at= infantry only server

Re: very poor performance from ati rad9600pro

that wierd my 9200 runs the game on all high will no lag and only takes 10 sec to load.

Comment

Loading has nothing to do with the video card right? Only when the game starts if I'm correct. The loading will only use the Hard Drive and Ram and Processor? I've got a crappy 7300LE but I've got 2048MB of ram and 2X160GB RAID0 SATA thingy? My loading is ok well it's way more faster compared to my previous machine..

Comment

now you can see why i am gettin verry irritated with this, it should not be happening. my memory is ddr 400 2 sticks of kingston 512 totalling 1g. hd is maxtor 7200. the odd thing like i said b4 is there is no adjustment for aperature in bios which ive never seen, every other comp i built it had an option in system bios to adjust aperature if this even matters

Comment

Originally posted by mudgunner
          now you can see why i am gettin verry irritated with this, it should not be happening. my memory is ddr 400 2 sticks of kingston 512 totalling 1g. hd is maxtor 7200. the odd thing like i said b4 is there is no adjustment for aperature in bios which ive never seen, every other comp i built it had an option in system bios to adjust aperature if this even matters
          i have a AMd 62 4gigs of ddr2 extream and 9200

Comment

kickass man.... i know it doesnt seem like a have a real good system but this problem just started happening it was fine for a long time

Comment

have you tried to defrag the HDD, scan for viruses, spyware, adware & malware?

Comment

1try this .it seams that you have problem with pagefiles
                http://www.petri.co.il/pagefile_optimization.htm

2. you need 1,5 gb of ram to go on real high without eany lag

3 turn off litning

sorry for my bad eng.

Comment

9600 is a ****e card m8..

Comment

mayby it is temperatur problem have you cleand your card cooler or cpu?

Comment

yes it is all cleaned. temp says it is around 79c. even with house fan right against the damn thing. fan spinning around 2550 rpm, by the way i just upgraded to ati x1300 xge 512m 8xagp

Comment

In game settings would help us..

Comment

Working...
                        X