Auto Weapon Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Weapon Switch

Ive been playing the game about 4 months now and have always wondered about this. I came from the CounterStrike where to switch weapons it was a simple scroll with the scroll button but on BF2 you have to scroll then click for the weapon. I am asking if there is an option in the options or if there is anyway that i can make it so when i switch weapons in BF2 they switch automatically without me having to click. Also is there anyway that i can reverse the order in which i scroll?

Bump.

Re: Auto Weapon Switch

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
    Ive been playing the game about 4 months now and have always wondered about this. I came from the Counterstrike where to switch weapons it was a simple scroll with the scroll button but on BF2 you have to scroll then click for the weapon. I am asking if there is an option in the options or if there is anyway that i can make it so when i switch weapons in BF2 they switch automatically without me having to click. Also is there anyway that i can reverse the order in which I scroll?

Bump.
    yes - you can switch scroll direction
    go in to controls.con in your profiles directory
    (o sure about the no-click part)_
    I switch weapons w/kb

Comment

Next time use the search function

Comment

Sorry KMT but i didnt think the issue would have been talked about already. Nevermind.

So how do you reverse the scroll then Topgungreg? Go to the .con file and....?

Comment

Ah damn I almost looked like a cool forum pointing to search buttong guru guy. :laugh:

Comment

Bumpage!

Comment

Its in the game controls, you know one of those things at the top of the server select screen.
              There isnt an automatic switch unless you use a macaroni thing, understand. Which is considered a cheat and should get you banned or reset.
              If you see someone doing this make a video send it to EA and wait for thier reply. Ill save you some time here, EA will send you an E-Mail saying that they cant catch the mentioned player doing the banned action but that they are sure that when you buy and play 2142 that this wont happen since Punk Buster is going to catch and prevent anyone like this from entering the game. Good Luck. . . . . . .Red

Comment

Try this it helped me alot.

Comment

I added this to the scroll down and I can quick switch one direction. It works great.

Switch this:
                  Code:
                  ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping -1 c_GIMouseWheelDown IDFMouse IDAxis_2 0
                  To this:
                  Code:
                  ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping -1 c_PIToggleWeapon IDFMouse IDAxis_2 0

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                    Ive been playing the game about 4 months now and have always wondered about this. I came from the CounterStrike where to switch weapons it was a simple scroll with the scroll button but on BF2 you have to scroll then click for the weapon. I am asking if there is an option in the options or if there is anyway that i can make it so when i switch weapons in BF2 they switch automatically without me having to click. Also is there anyway that i can reverse the order in which i scroll?

Bump.
                    It's not so good then, you can't really switch from semi auto to burst/auto mode then. You're gonna have a horrible time when u face an enemy at long range.

Comment

You know, I bet, there are enough Macaroni programs avaiable that you only have to select which server to play then get in the game and watch. The computer will do the rest. (Just as a side note, why would you even want to play the game like this it would be lame) Then after about 8 hours of sleep you would have a few thousand points and a few hundred deaths.
                      I wouldnt be suprised to find out someone really plays that way. Oh boy, why even bother.
                      Seriously though, I would recomend that you do like all the old timers here did, get in the game, join a squad, and get it on. Thats what I did. Yesterday I took out 4 guys trying to cap my teams flag at one time as assualt. Since I like to tell the whole story, that was after trying the same thing 2 times, at another flag, and each time comeing back with a different kit. Oh well, practice really helps, live and learn I guess. . . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Originally posted by redrider
                        You know, I bet, there are enough Macaroni programs avaiable that you only have to select which server to play then get in the game and watch. The computer will do the rest. (Just as a side note, why would you even want to play the game like this it would be lame) Then after about 8 hours of sleep you would have a few thousand points and a few hundred deaths.
                        I wouldnt be suprised to find out someone really plays that way. Oh boy, why even bother.
                        Seriously though, I would recomend that you do like all the old timers here did, get in the game, join a squad, and get it on. Thats what I did. Yesterday I took out 4 guys trying to cap my teams flag at one time as assualt. Since I like to tell the whole story, that was after trying the same thing 2 times, at another flag, and each time comeing back with a different kit. Oh well, practice really helps, live and learn I guess. . . . . . . . . .Red
                        Did you mean to post this in some other thread? It doesn't seem to have anything to do with this one.

Comment

just use the numbers on your keyboard above your wasd keys. so much quicker. i use medic a lot so i key my med bag to the F key and my paddles to the c key so i can easy switch. even better is if you have a mouse that has 5 buttons.

Comment

Working...
                          X