No announcement yet.

BF2 + Widescreen monitor = Crash? HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 + Widescreen monitor = Crash? HELP!

well I have widescreen, got it yesterday. 16:9 ratio. however, whenever i start bf2, it would always crash somehow...i really dont know what's going on, is there a fix?

Re: BF2 + Widescreen monitor = Crash? HELP!

I think it has something to do with having a high refresh rate.
    Try browsing through this. http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html

Also there is a way to program your monitor screen resolution with the BF2 shortcut on your desktop.

There is a comment something like this.
    true widescreen you type:

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200

You insert your own resolution for szx and szy.

You have to launch with this shortcut for it to work.

Hope you get it going.

Comment

i tried that but it still doesnt work?!?!

Comment

Set display resolution for default and standard profile as 800x600@60

I play with 1680x1050, 20`1 lcd wide, it looks great (all details high except shadows and d. lighting med.) I bought x1900xtx yesterday

See you in warlord palace or russian hills

Comment

You should be running the native resolution of your specific monitor from the list in Video Options. If you dont you start getting all kinds of problems. Also, could be that your videocard is crapping itself because it is unable to handle the monitor itself.

Comment

BF2 wont always give you the correct choices, it doesnt get on with some drivers.
            If the crash is screen goes black and then back to desktop it will most likely be refresh rate which may require the deletion of the video.con file.
            A little more information of the crash and the system would help rule out a mountain of possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. bzb
              BF2 wont always give you the correct choices, it doesnt get on with some drivers.
              If the crash is screen goes black and then back to desktop it will most likely be refresh rate which may require the deletion of the video.con file.
              A little more information of the crash and the system would help rule out a mountain of possibilities.
              ok, i set my monitor's resolution to 1440 x 900 @60hz. when i start bf2, without changing a thing to the bf2 localiztion files, i crash. example: i click on bf2 icon, splash screen comes up, blacks out, crashed to desktop. then i did this: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78473. this time, it didn't crash imediately. this time the intro played out fine, but once clicked login, the thing crashed to desktop. are there certain models of monitor that bf2 does not support? btw, the one i have is http://www.proview.net/Product/Produ...i=2011&ii=2724.

Comment

1] is your desktop set to 1440x900 native? might be nothing, but never know...
                2] make sure the in-game screen res is 800x600@60hz [ 4x3 ratio ] [ leave as-is dont change ]
                3] add this to the one on the desktop and in start menu & set bf2 shortcut to "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900
                i assume that before the monitor went in it played ok? if so then you just need to add the tags to the bf2 shortcut [ +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900 ]

for me i didnt have to modify localization files at all i just added the +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900 to my shortcut.

i dont know if its cause you be using analog vga over dvi. my viewsonic va1912wb has both and i run dvi for my pc and vga on myx360

also it helps to post system specs

Comment

hmmm wat monitooor do u have????

Comment

If your mointor has a DVI and VGA plug, use the VGA plug. You should then find your resolution in the video options. It works for some monitors and not others.

I have a gateway 21" wide screen and no matter how I plug it in it will not recognize the resolution. I used to do the +szy and + szx thing but it still looked bad.

The 20" widescreen I use for gaming now will recognize the resolution using the VGA plug but not with the DVI. Dont worry, you will not tell a difference between the VGA and DVI.

Comment

there is a whole wide screen sticky that goes over the problem you are having.

You need to edit the Vid.con file in both the defualt profile and your user profile (whats why your crashing after you hit log in).. then add the shortcut line.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali G
                        ok, i set my monitor's resolution to 1440 x 900 @60hz. when i start bf2, without changing a thing to the bf2 localiztion files, i crash. example: i click on bf2 icon, splash screen comes up, blacks out, crashed to desktop. then i did this: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78473. this time, it didn't crash imediately. this time the intro played out fine, but once clicked login, the thing crashed to desktop. are there certain models of monitor that bf2 does not support? btw, the one i have is http://www.proview.net/Product/Produ...i=2011&ii=2724.
                        did u people read this post of mine?

Comment

Working...
                        X