Anti spawn rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti spawn rape

We all know what is like. Some could say it’s fun doing it, but certainly it’s not fun when they do it to you.
    If you choose to use your SL as a spawn point, fine, but using a flag could be risky business.
    How many times I spawned on a flag, just to be killed from the back?!
    The main problem I see is that spawning process is a little like a lottery. You choose to participate, but don’t know the outcome in advance.
    The exact place you enter back in the game is not selectable (only the general area) and you don’t know the status of the fight at that point.
    What can be done to help this situation?
    A first step could be the ability to select the exact spawning point near the selected flag.
    A better step in the right direction would be the ability to see the area around the flag, just like commander’s or SL’s closer view, before spawning.
    Careful players would take a look at the scene before jumping in and be able to avoid raping.
    Why not gather a little info before spawning? Allowing seeing closer to ground when you’re dead shouldn’t be so difficult to implement.
    Your thoughts?

Re: Anti spawn rape

Originally posted by Batausu
    We all know what is like. Some could say it’s fun doing it, but certainly it’s not fun when they do it to you.
    If you choose to use your SL as a spawn point, fine, but using a flag could be risky business.
    How many times I spawned on a flag, just to be killed from the back?!
    The main problem I see is that spawning process is a little like a lottery. You choose to participate, but don’t know the outcome in advance.
    The exact place you enter back in the game is not selectable (only the general area) and you don’t know the status of the fight at that point.
    What can be done to help this situation?
    A first step could be the ability to select the exact spawning point near the selected flag.
    A better step in the right direction would be the ability to see the area around the flag, just like commander’s or SL’s closer view, before spawning.
    Careful players would take a look at the scene before jumping in and be able to avoid raping.
    Why not gather a little info before spawning? Allowing seeing closer to ground when you’re dead shouldn’t be so difficult to implement.
    Your thoughts?
    then you would have masses of noobs dead for hours at a time afraid to spawn back in because of enemy troops. It would just cause problems.

Comment

Or you could spawn at another spawn point assuming you have one, that always works to avoid the campers. If you can't, then get ready to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by [ht].ken
        Or you could spawn at another spawn point assuming you have one, that always works to avoid the campers. If you can't, then get ready to fight.
        yep, i agree...
        wat really ticks me off is when the enemy is raping a spawn point, and we have loads of other points but my team just keeps spawning and dying >:

Comment

Spawning at a different flag is no guarantee for safety. That flag could be under attack, too. Since you can’t see where you spawn, it’s a lottery.
          What’s wrong with being able to see where you will spawn in advance?

Comment

You must play on a lot of spawn camping servers :laugh: .

Comment

Originally posted by Batausu
              Spawning at a different flag is no guarantee for safety. That flag could be under attack, too. Since you can’t see where you spawn, it’s a lottery.
              What’s wrong with being able to see where you will spawn in advance?
              request a UAV on the flag you want to spawn on? or atleast in the middle of two flags, some maps it covers quite a large area,

Comment

They say you can join a squad and spawn on your squadleader!!!!
                No realy you should try....
                BTW this option makes anti base and spawn camp rules on servers
                ridiculous in battlefield 2, well thats what I think

Comment

Play the game it was meant to be played, meaning spawn rape, base rape, what ever. I think a game is more fun if you are getting raped, because its now challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by [Spec-Ops]Bogo
                    Play the game it was meant to be played, meaning spawn rape, base rape, what ever. I think a game is more fun if you are getting raped, because its now challenging.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Comment

i dont know exactly how this would be done, but this is by far, the most intelligent anti spawn rape thread i have ever seen. you have designated the real problem as lack of information, this is the fact. most of these anti base rape threads designate the camper as the problem, this is just wrong, combat support is an important part of playing the game. fix the problems, dont make up ****ty rules. AMEN THREAD STARTER!

ps: instead of having the exact location of the enemy, instead the area around a flag that can be directly camped should basically turn the spawn point red, yet you can still spawn there if you like.

*agreed accept from the uncap, which i can understand a 3 second invaunerability for spawners. other than that i personally think that the entire battlefield is just that, and no place should be a safe haven, including the uncaps.

Originally posted by Scinto
                      request a UAV on the flag you want to spawn on? or atleast in the middle of two flags, some maps it covers quite a large area,
                      the dead cant request.

Originally posted by light bread
                      then you would have masses of noobs dead for hours at a time afraid to spawn back in because of enemy troops. It would just cause problems.
                      or maybe they would just be smarter and spawn farther back.

Originally posted by xpnl
                      They say you can join a squad and spawn on your squadleader!!!!
                      No realy you should try....
                      BTW this option makes anti base and spawn camp rules on servers
                      ridiculous in battlefield 2, well thats what I think
                      anti base rape rules always have been ridiculous, ITS PART OF THE DAMN GAME, fix the game, dont make rules!

Comment

it is a pain to spawn at a flag with an enemy right behind you or to spawn right in front of a tank. dice didnt implement intelligent spawning like other games do, they check if anyone is near you and spawns you where you are safe.

e.g has anyone EVER been spawnkilled in MOHAA ? nope, its impossible!! cos it will spawn you at the other side of the map if it has to!!

Comment

All comes down to the very very rare 'good teamwork' that is the best 'Anti-Spawn-Rape'.

However, no one has any patience for teamwork anymore. Everybody wants to be a hero.

Comment

Just ask the transporter technician to beam you to a safe area and have phasers set on maximum stun.

Comment

Originally posted by machstem
                              Just ask the transporter technician to beam you to a safe area and have phasers set on maximum stun.
                              um, ok?

Comment

Working...
                              X