uBp and their absurdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uBp and their absurdness

i havent posted in a long while, mostly due to i stopped playing. however tonite my friends wanted to play, so i obliged and happily returned to a game i enjoy. i joined some clan owned server, which means i play by their rules. no problem. i became commander, and the chinese (map=dragon valley) had taken a spawn point, so i decided i would head over there since there was no available squads to take it back. i flew a heli to get there faster, a blackhawk to be precised, and recieved a warning saying that commanders must command, and not fly or drive helis, planes, tanks and cars. fair enough, their server their rules. so i had a friend fly me instead, so i can command while i cross the map. it was on 32 player size i think. here comes the point of my rambling, they booted and banned me for riding in a chopper. now i understand that as a commander they didnt want me piloting anything, because i was to command, but do they expect thier commander to walk everywhere he needs to go, or if hes in trouble, or if the team is being incompetent and cant get things done? i just want some opinions on if i did something wrong. as far as im concerned, i obeyed their rules, and respected them as well, only to get booted and banned. lemme know your thoughts, and thanks!

Re: uBp and their absurdness

I woulda dropped a Vehilcle to get to your destination.

Comment

That is kind of lame to some extent. I know a few clan-run servers with that rule. In fact, our clan has that rule but it only pertains to flying attack helos and jets. We don't care if the commander sits in a tank, apc, fav, dpv, vodnik, hummer, TOW, AA, Stinger, IGLA, etc.
      However, we do draw the line at a commander trying to double up on points if he is cruising around in a jet or attack helo. If a commander wants to get to a flag and help cap it, cool thanks for the assist, we appreciate it. It's not like the commander is going to own everyone in a black hawk for God's sake...

Comment

i would have dropped one, but thats just it, you cant use any vehicles while commanding, you have to walk everywhere. i understand not wanting to have double stacking, but to not even be able to be transported somewhere. lame sauce
        thanks for the opinions

Comment

I agree with what you said about "their server, their rules" but there is a limit. Essentially, they are deciding how the commander role should be played. I have played commander for many hours and I can say that nothing is worse than a clan filled with people who are inexperienced with the commander role telling me how it is best to play the role.

Sometimes moving to a flag is the best thing a commander can do especially when the team isn't listening or the players are stalemated at a position in the map and they have major tunnel vision. Karkand at the hotel comes to mind.

Comment

we have the same rule
            command not fight, unless tactical emergency
            sort of judgement call "when it is an emergency"
            it is hard to tell that you were just a pax vs pilot
            and walking is just as bad as driving
            that is, you are looking where u r going, not at your command screen

we might have kicked you, but never banned you for that
            or, depending on overall game circumstances, might have let it slide

Comment

Originally posted by Duo_Xan
              i havent posted in a long while, mostly due to i stopped playing. however tonite my friends wanted to play, so i obliged and happily returned to a game i enjoy. i joined some clan owned server, which means i play by their rules. no problem. i became commander, and the chinese (map=dragon valley) had taken a spawn point, so i decided i would head over there since there was no available squads to take it back. i flew a heli to get there faster, a blackhawk to be precised, and recieved a warning saying that commanders must command, and not fly or drive helis, planes, tanks and cars. fair enough, their server their rules. so i had a friend fly me instead, so i can command while i cross the map. it was on 32 player size i think. here comes the point of my rambling, they booted and banned me for riding in a chopper. now i understand that as a commander they didnt want me piloting anything, because i was to command, but do they expect thier commander to walk everywhere he needs to go, or if hes in trouble, or if the team is being incompetent and cant get things done? i just want some opinions on if i did something wrong. as far as im concerned, i obeyed their rules, and respected them as well, only to get booted and banned. lemme know your thoughts, and thanks!
              Tell me why you're even posting this.

Comment

Rules are rules.... dumb or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                  That is kind of lame to some extent. I know a few clan-run servers with that rule. In fact, our clan has that rule but it only pertains to flying attack helos and jets. We don't care if the commander sits in a tank, apc, fav, dpv, vodnik, hummer, TOW, AA, Stinger, IGLA, etc.
                  However, we do draw the line at a commander trying to double up on points if he is cruising around in a jet or attack helo. If a commander wants to get to a flag and help cap it, cool thanks for the assist, we appreciate it. It's not like the commander is going to own everyone in a black hawk for God's sake...
                  Not sure what you mean about doubling up on points by being in a jet or attack chopper. Commanders don't get points for kills....just for their team's teamwork points. I'm sure you knew this already so I guess I'm just asking for clarification.

Comment

As long as a commander can command, well; who cares? As long as he's doing his job, and not just racking up points, IMO i think he can do what he likes.

Comment

I have no issue with this. I sometimes hop in the back seat of a blackhawk and command from there. I figure taking one spot from a chopper isn't a big deal. If a squad needs the space, I'll hop out. I see this as no different than commanding from a TOW or Stinger site. In your case, you got buggered.

Comment

Go to their site and plead your case. I think the head admin there is Squeeg. He's a reasonable guy and as long as you are civil in your approach you should be able to get the ban lifted.

Comment

It's not your fault, you did nothing wrong. Keep artillerying them!

Comment

Originally posted by -=wKa=-Sauron
                            Tell me why you're even posting this.
                            take the time to read it?

thanks for the thoughts, and i think ill check out their site sometime tonite or tomorrow to talk to someone. happy hunting

Comment

Working...
                            X