Head-Set With Built In Mic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head-Set With Built In Mic

I need help with my microphone. I have a head-set with a mic on it, when I am not running BF2 and on TS, everything works fine. When I am using my headset with a built in mic playing BF2 you can hear my game. I tryd a number of volume tweeks and nothing. When I try to use in-game VOIP the little speaker under the radar turns from green to red

Re: Head-Set With Built In Mic

Yes sometimes when using TS the VOIP gets messed up, reboot and just use the VOIP and no TS. Sometimes they work fine together, sometimes not.

Comment

if it turns red its fine it doesnt matter

Comment

The BF2 Support Forum is there for a reason: use it.

Ask a friend to listen to you if you sound ok. If the icon is red, then you are speaking too loud/mic is too close to mouth/mic is too sensitive.

Comment

I've had it green and then the next round (and thereafter) nothing but red - no changes made to the headset position or settings or my tone. My conclusion is that BF and TS do not always play nice together.

Comment

Green and red are fine. The red means, mcarda said, that the the sensitivity is too high or the sound coming into it is too loud. Try lowering the volume or asking the people in your squad how you sound over VoIP.

Comment

You wouldn't happen to have both "Push to talk" buttons the same would you?

If that's the case then things would really start getting weird.

Just a thought.

And yeah, pretty much ignore the red speaker icon thing. I had it for awhile too, and everyone said I was comming in fine. I think it's a little too touchy.

Comment

Working...
              X