SpecOps FTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpecOps FTW

Last night I joined half through the round on USMC, Dalian Plant.
    My SL was a sniper and was positioned on the hill near the airfield, overlooking the J10 spawn point.
    What a wonderful opportunity to kick some assets! I spawned on him and went for UAV and Scan. The base was empty, so I used all my C4 and then I stole a tank and returned to flag fights.
    After I died, I spawned again on my SL and went for artillery. This time a tank was there, probably their commander, waiting for me.
    We began a cat and mouse like game. He fired several rounds at me, but I was using the small cabin near arty as cover. I never understood why he was so defensive, since I had no C4 left (after blowing arty). Anyway, I tried to run away from their base (and that tank), using trees as cover. Finally he decided to come for me, driving his tank on the road. I was hiding in the grass near a tree, standing perfectly still, looking at him as he was coming closer and closer. At this point I was waiting for the final round. But to my surprise, he just passed me by, so close I could see his plate number!
    So I decided to go back and take a ride in an APC.
    I remember several times in the past the same thing, hiding prone as SpecOps and tanks passing by and not seeing me.
    The question is: are these tank drivers blind or it’s a game feature, as in the game paints you like a rock or some inanimate object on their screen, if you stand prone and motionless?
    Could this be a nice feature if they would add it in a future patch?

Re: SpecOps FTW

nah i dont think it will work because it would be too easy to destroy tanks and such

Comment

i think you where just very very lucky lol i can never get any where near a tank without it blowing me up even from behind lol

Comment

Usually the red tag in the bushes/behind rock etc gives your position away.

Comment

LOL what a story happen something similar to me once

Comment

Thats the beauty in staying still- most people when seeking a threat, is usually seeking something that's moving.

When an enemy helo is approaching, and I'm with the usual squad I play with (that means, everyone stays very close to the walls, if not, as close to cover as possible) - someone will signal that a helo is coming, and everyone stays still. The helo usually misses us 80% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Six.
              Thats the beauty in staying still- most people when seeking a threat, is usually seeking something that's moving.
              sad but true. I've gunned several tanks that went after only runners and passed by other ground troops that were close enough to touch and even standing still, enemy spotted didn't work either. We usually ended up with about 50lbs of c4 strapped to us.

Comment

Originally posted by light bread
                sad but true. I've gunned several tanks that went after only runners and passed by other ground troops that were close enough to touch and even standing still, enemy spotted didn't work either. We usually ended up with about 50lbs of c4 strapped to us.
                See, thats where people don't get BF2- they think it's like Unreal Tournament or Counter-Strike, where you gotta keep moving and dodge bullets.

Here in BF2, a calm and tactical approach gets you very far. I remember outsmarting an enemy helo while I was flying one as well. I dived underneath him, and as he circled around to find me, I landed my helo in a nearby forest, and he couldn't find me. soon enough, as he passed by- I raised my altitude and was right on his tail; a perfect line-up for my gunner to TV missile him.

Patience is key.

Comment

I find myself bailing on a tank drivers for those very reasons of course later watching them get blown off the map by AT or driving into a minefield chasing some poor sob to run him over instead of capping a flag or using the main gun.

Comment

Originally posted by light bread
                    I find myself bailing on a tank drivers for those very reasons of course later watching them get blown off the map by AT or driving into a minefield chasing some poor sob to run him over instead of capping a flag or using the main gun.
                    lol, yeah- unfortunately- the 'Spotted' radio command doesn't yell: "MINE!!! F***ING MINE!!!" when you 'spot' an AT mine. I'm usually better off bailing on my blind tank driver.

Comment

UAV ruins spec ops. Its about all I play but the darn UAV means I cant sneak up on people like the kit is supposed to be. Like on Sharqi I was MEC and came up to the first flag where everyone stands on the wall and guards against inf, tanks, jeeps, etc.

Anyway I am sneaking around and get behind them. All of a sudden like 4 guys just turn around and start shooting at me. I look up and that freakin UAV is there. So I ran all the way towards the north flag and a tank is waiting for me.

Spec ops is a great class to play, but it would be so much more fun if it were not for the lame UAV.

Comment

Originally posted by Casper
                        UAV ruins spec ops. Its about all I play but the darn UAV means I cant sneak up on people like the kit is supposed to be. Like on Sharqi I was MEC and came up to the first flag where everyone stands on the wall and guards against inf, tanks, jeeps, etc.

Anyway I am sneaking around and get behind them. All of a sudden like 4 guys just turn around and start shooting at me. I look up and that freakin UAV is there. So I ran all the way towards the north flag and a tank is waiting for me.

Spec ops is a great class to play, but it would be so much more fun if it were not for the lame UAV.
                        Oh yeah, I'm SpecOps veteran; got all the guns too... wish I didn't waste 1 unlock on the SCAR-L, the damn thing's useless. I could out-snipe a sniper with my G36C.

As with the UAV... just remember- one of our tasks is to destroy commander assets. do that first, and you'll always have a window of opportunity to do everything else.

My preferred SpecOps Squad Allotment:
                        3x SpecOps
                        1x Support
                        1x Medic
                        1x [Optional] (Usually Assault or another Support or Medic)

Comment

Working...
                        X