Internet Lag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Lag?

OK I have comcast cable internet I get about 8MB internet speed. Now my ping is low in most of the servers. But dont matter what server I join it always tells me that I have Internet Connection Problem just when I join the server and pick the weapon and team it keeps freezing me and says that then I get server connection lost! Im confused if I have such a good internet connection and low ping why am I getting that message about the server having problems with my internet? I tryied playin wit the firewall of and then on nothing happens still get the message. Someone please have a good answer for this thankx alot!

Re: Internet Lag?

Sometimes i have that problem,but not as bad.My main problem seems to be system lag now.Even though u turn off firewalls,there can be other programs that affect you.It took me awhile to finally realize that my disk defrag program would run and would affect my gameplay.But every now and then i get bad lag spikes also.I have had my provider out here MANY times cause i get so mad when i start lagging.Mainly cause i pay alot of money for this crap...All i can tell you is give it a couple weeks,see if it levels out.Mine has gotten better.

Comment

yeah I have been getting the same issue every since 1.4 patch i use to be one of the lucky ones without connection problems etc but now its every server I join and I have a 4 meg connection.

Comment

These problems can be related to many things:

-Old cable modem
        -Defective cabling throughout your home
        -Cat5 cable that needs to be replaced
        -Your computer not running efficiently due to virus, spyware, trojans
        -Your hard drive running out of free space
        -The cable infrastructure in the community
        -Network traffic when you decide to play
        -You might need more RAM
        -You might just need a clean reinstallation of BF2

Comment

When I had this problem it was the cable modem on the fritz.

Comment

Originally posted by 193d DCAT
            When I had this problem it was the cable modem on the fritz.
            That is what I found out about a week after BF2 came out. My Toshiba modem "died" mysteriously...I ended up buying a Linksys and have had it ever since with no problems.

BF2 [Teamkills] Toshiba Cable Modem:cry:

Comment

The first time I dl'd 1.4 I had that problem, the patch craped up alot of ppls FPS and connection for some reason. It's not much of a problem if you uninstall then re-install BF2 and download 1.4 full, at least in my case anyway.

Comment

Hey White....part of it is that Comcast is upgrading their network. I had the same problems and contacted them about it. They are routing a large part of their network to other areas, which is creating bottlenecks.
                Patience was what they told me.

Comment

Working...
                X