WoW ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoW ?

My friend just sent me a 10-Day Trial. I downloaded it, I was so happy to play. It requires for me to create an account. So I go to the website, etc. It asks me go give my credit card. I dont now want to give my credit card. I dont care how safe it is I am just afraid it might take money off right after the 10 day trial. I was wondering is there a way to avoid to put in the credit card number so that I can try the game first ?

Re: WoW ?

Borrow a friends account? Thats pretty much the only thing I can think of, also they won't charge you until you give them a valid cd key for the game (your key that you're given is only for the 10 day trial) so they'll freeze your account until you give them a CD key from a retail copy after your ten days are up.

Comment

Why would they need you card information first then ? =(

Comment

I guess to make sure that someone over the age of 18 approves of the game? Or so that you would be able to pay for it later if you decided to buy it?

I dunno really, you could try posting on the WoW forums.

Comment

I had this 'problem' too with my 10 day trial. I PM you the solution.

Comment

I dont think that solution would work =( Are there anyother solutions ? I was thinking about going and getting a Visa Gift Card. Putting like 20 Bucks on it and using it as a credit card for the game. I think I need to be 18 years old or over to do that though. Anyways, I dont see why. Its a free trial why would someone over 18 have to approve it if its Rated T for Teen.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDeltaStorm
              I dont think that solution would work =( Are there anyother solutions ? I was thinking about going and getting a Visa Gift Card. Putting like 20 Bucks on it and using it as a credit card for the game. I think I need to be 18 years old or over to do that though. Anyways, I dont see why. Its a free trial why would someone over 18 have to approve it if its Rated T for Teen.
              I guess they do it to verify that you could in fact pay for the game later on, rather then just trying out all the free trials you can and not considering buying the game.

Comment

The credit card doesn't matter, it is just a verification of some sort. Trust me a game with almost 7 million people doesn't need to steal money.

But I'll give you some advice: Stay away from that overhyped piece of crap.

Comment

Better word of advice. Stay away from the alliance side. Thats where the vast majority of immature players go.

Comment

WARNING once you play you will never go back said to say i have lost friends cause of Blizzard and WOW and D2 and maby D&D to (dont ask friends are friends and there mine).

Comment

Originally posted by 7man
                      WARNING once you play you will never go back
                      Go back to what?

Like I posted in the other World of Warcraft thread (the one in Off Topic). Its not the games fault if someone gets addicted, its the sad person who doesn't have enough self-control to pull themselves away from their computer and just do something else.

Comment

In the two years my brother has been playing WoW, he's spent roughly $1000 on it.

I spent $80 on Guild Wars, played it for 8 months, and then flogged it into my cupboard.

Looks like I'm $920 richer than bro, aren't I?

If there was one MMORPG I'd consider getting, it would be lineage 2. 16 million players world wide, 5 "chapters". Fully integrated clan vs clan, city vs city.. list goes on.

WoW is for children.

Comment

i agree although i have WoW and am getting lineage 2 ;P

i really need that game...

Comment

They want the card to make sure you don't keep getting free trials basically you need a different credit card each time you want a trial

Comment

Yeah, it does pretty suck that you have to pay. Its not that much if I think about it, but still its a game! I heared some people died from playing this game 24/7. I joined the alliance team of course =) Night Elf>Rogue

Comment

Working...
                              X