Mouse Scrolling used Controls for BF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse Scrolling used Controls for BF.

Hello, I have a very unusual problem. I've bought the Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0 to go with my new laptop. I installed BF2 perfectly and it is working excellent(for a change) however I do have one issue.

I cannot set the scroll up and down motions on my mouse to be a specified control. For example I would like my scroll up to be the key for scrolling weapons, and down could be the pick up key and the actual middle button is reload. I've used the mouse for this in Project IGI which is an extremlely old first person shooter game, and i've been able to use those keys with the scroller, so i dont see why Battlefield2 has such a problem with it.

I scroll up when setting the key, and nothing happens, as though nothing is being pressed as far as BF2 is concerned. It would add to my playing enjoyment if I could use the scroll for keys. Any ideas how to get the mouse and BF2 to talk to one another?

Re: Mouse Scrolling used Controls for BF.

Why would you want stupid controls like that? No office but they are so ghey

Comment

I dont need a scroll up and down, just one. The other button would be more useful as something else. And I can live with it perfectly, its just I've been stuck on a laptop with shared graphics for 3 months, with only Project IGI for company, (BF2 would of course not play on such a crap system) and I've got used to those keys in that order, taking time to get used to the new setup.

Comment

I use my scroll down to reload and scroll up to change weapons, its quick and handy

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffRowley
          I use my scroll down to reload and scroll up to change weapons, its quick and handy
          Thats what I want, but I dont get the option to set it, even though the scroll works perfectly actually in game to flick up and down the weapons list.

Comment

Starbuck

If you want scroll down to be "pick-up kit" follow these steps.

1. Using notepad/wordpad open up your primary controls.con, which is in your BF2 profile folder.

2. Goto the heading
            "ControlMap.create InfantryPlayerInputControlMap"

3. And under the keymap control

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIDrop IDFKeyboard IDKey_G 10000 0

Paste this text string

ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping -1 C_PIDrop IDFMouse IDAxis_2 1

My current setup with the scroll wheel is: up for weapon 6 (i.e. defib's) and down for weapon 3 (main gun). This is mainly for when i'm a medic but the scroll down works great with other kits so i can whip out my main gun quickly.

sixpak.

Comment

Working...
            X