how to fix connection issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to fix connection issues.

well after browsing in 3 year old threads, i fixed my there is a problem with your connection message! in patch version 1.01 there was a glitch that didnt let you join certain servers with voip activated. i think 1.4 has taht bug as well. so you have to go to options audo and unselect the VO box. it worked for me leve feedback plz.

Re: how to fix connection issues.

I agree.

Comment

Interesting. I guess we will have to see what happens with others to be sure. I've not had any connection problems with 1.4 and I have and use VOIP on our servers.

Comment

I'm open to try anything, but the "post-1.4 install connection issue" a lot of us are going through is different than the general connection problems people get with this game.

The key thing a lot of us have in common is, we ran perfectly fine for around two weeks after installing 1.4, and then all of a sudden our problems began.

I've done extensive trouble shooting on this, everything from hardware swapping to complete system formatting and an OS re install.

Here is what I have eliminated:

-It is not dual core related, nor is it AMD/Intel specific. It does it on an FX-60, but it also does it on an AMD 3500+ and an Intel P4 3.0.

-It is not Firewall or router related, I've done a complete system format and connected the PC directly to the modem with no firewall installed.

-It is not Anti-virus (or any other software) causing the conflict.
        Again, a full system format with no software installed (aside from video, sound card and mouse drivers) produces the same results.

-Driver versions make no difference; I've gone to older versions and still got it to happen.

-In my case (as well as many I suspect) it is not line or ISP related.
        I've actually had my ISP come out and inspect my line strength; I'm +10 on a scale of 1-10 with 0% packet loss.

-Did the PBsetup update as well.

-It is not a case of "don't use X patch from X location" either.
        I've patched from EA downloader, the EA site and file planet to be sure, all produce the connection problems.

I think I *may have found the solution today, I'm going to play for a while tonight and see how it goes before I get anyone's hopes up though.

Comment

yeh but mine works fine after the change i made, i dunno maybe they released the server patch after 1.4 was realeased?

Comment

Originally posted by LookNoHands
            well after browsing in 3 year old threads, i fixed my there is a problem with your connection message! in patch version 1.01 there was a glitch that didnt let you join certain servers with voip activated. i think 1.4 has taht bug as well. so you have to go to options audo and unselect the VO box. it worked for me leve feedback plz.
            What sound card do you have?
            I just maybe have a solution.

Comment

advance something 97

Comment

Working...
              X