Do you think they should have made lean buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think they should have made lean buttons

do u think it would have changed the core gameplay of bf2 if they would have made it to where u could lean left or right. do u think this would have been abused if it would have been incorperated in the gameplay.

Re: Do you think they should have made lean buttons

People would have somehow exploited it. And for me it would have felt too much like CoD.

Comment

No way. Stilla-killa u played BHD right? (or am I thinking of someone else) Well in BHD, theres a glitch where if you lean right or left around a corner, you become invisible. enemy players could not see you.. Nova never fixed it for some reason, in any case what if that happened in BF2.:hmm:

Comment

As long as you can only lean whilst stationary I have no problems. The most annoying thing in Joint Ops is when people lean to both sides one after another realy quickly.

You have to aim for the groin......and nobody wants that

Comment

I can just see the james brown macros that would have been combined with the already infamous DD'ng and Crouch Proning.

Comment

No thanks. People would be complaining about people leaning and proning, leaning and jumping, it would be disasterous all over again.

Comment

Heh, I played RTCW: ET for years, I still find myself trying to lean in BF2 out of habit.

While I do miss it, I don't think it should be in this game.

ET was more of a reflex based shooter.
              Even if someone got the jump on you, if you had better aim they would lose.

This game is pretty much "the guy who gets he first shot usually wins", lean buttons would just lead to even more guys sitting around waiting.

Comment

It's not a good idea, not untill bf2's movement system is completely overhauled, people will do some crazy, insanely stupid things with it. Lean-shoot-hop-rollIntoprone-shoot-hop-lean-shoot.

Comment

ABOSLUTELY! they should have put a "Lean Option" in this game. Many people in the heat of battle go running out into the open to shoot down their enemy. I dont think so!, to make it more realistic they should have definalty put in a "Lean Option". Look at the fighting in Iraq, you dont see USMC troops exposing there entire body out into the street in order to shoot someone, you always see the leaning out of the corner of a building, or a hummer, and shooting their enemy. The "Leaning Option" is an important realizum factor of WAR that they have left out of the game, as well as other real like war situations. But as we all know, another great idea, EA/Dice will do nothing.

Instead of a "jump option" they should have put in a "climb option" most of the time when you jump your are doing it to get over a wall, or sand bags. If they used a "climb option" you have no gay bunny hopping.

I guess EA/Dice moto must be "dont fix it, until its broke" they make BF2 like a used car "drive to the ground" and dont invest anything into it.

Comment

Originally posted by dblEdge
                    People would have somehow exploited it. And for me it would have felt too much like CoD.
                    They probably would of leaned into the hotel

Comment

In the newer novalogic games, you are able to use this feature (as for example blackhawk down) it has been exploited in games, why not add an exploit to bf2?

Comment

DICE: We cant add a lean feature without making the J-10 stronger. Sorry.

:laugh:

LOL that is what I would expect to hear from them.

Comment

Works PERFECTLY in SWAT4. But leaning has to be compensated by slower gameplay with stance change time restrictions and overly less "free" gameplay feel. Play BF2 1.0 and compare it to the latest patch, youll see what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by GE0.5TIGMA
                            ABOSLUTELY! they should have put a "Lean Option" in this game. Many people in the heat of battle go running out into the open to shoot down their enemy. I dont think so!, to make it more realistic they should have definalty put in a "Lean Option". Look at the fighting in Iraq, you dont see USMC troops exposing there entire body out into the street in order to shoot someone, you always see the leaning out of the corner of a building, or a hummer, and shooting their enemy. The "Leaning Option" is an important realizum factor of WAR that they have left out of the game, as well as other real like war situations. But as we all know, another great idea, EA/Dice will do nothing.

Instead of a "jump option" they should have put in a "climb option" most of the time when you jump your are doing it to get over a wall, or sand bags. If they used a "climb option" you have no gay bunny hopping.

I guess EA/Dice moto must be "dont fix it, until its broke" they make BF2 like a used car "drive to the ground" and dont invest anything into it.

LMAO:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ,thats real fight this is BF2,bunnyhopping and prone spamming aswell as dolphin diving is enough,no one would lean except sniper

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                              Works PERFECTLY in SWAT4. But leaning has to be compensated by slower gameplay with stance change time restrictions and overly less "free" gameplay feel. Play BF2 1.0 and compare it to the latest patch, youll see what I mean.
                              Perfectly? Are you kidding me? Haven't you had the bug where it moves about two or three foot around the corner when you lean around one and then moves you back to your original position afterwards.

It may only be present in SWAT: TSS (the expansion) I don't recall it in the original.

Comment

Working...
                              X