Follow me!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow me!!

One of the most important Commo Rose commands (but probably the least used) is the Follow Me option.

I was the SL on a IO 64 Karkand and decided to take the initiative and bag a few CP at the back. To my surprise I wasn't on my own. I arrived at the train crash and another player was there helping with the cap. He wasn't in a squad so I invited him. He joined and with help of the "Follow Me" he tagged along and after doing this a few more times we had a cohesive squad that was nearly unbeatable (on a public server aswell).

Sometimes peace can only be bought about by WAR!!

Re: Follow me!!

I use it all the time most of the time i use it they run the other way and leave me to die :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by xplosive
      I use it all the time most of the time i use it they run the other way and leave me to die :laugh:
      Lol, I suppose this does happen aswell unfortunately. Better luck next time eh!

Comment

everytime i use follow me i get team killed

Comment

There's a book about the role of officers in Israeli infantry actions that I read years ago called "Follow Me". Good stuff, and it praises the leadership and guts it takes to be out front, leading the guys.

Nice job of taking the initiative - it makes a better game for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by light bread
            everytime i use follow me i get team killed
            I see a pattern forming here!! Surely I'm not the only one with positive results from "Follow Me".

I can understand people being reluctant to follow someone (normally 10/15 seconds later they get wiped out and the stragglers are left to pick the pieces up!! But sometimes asking your SL for orders relies on the Commander being awake/receptive to giving accurate orders and providing uavs ahead of the path. In my experience I stay alive a LOT more and my K/D ratio soars when people (not necessarily squads) stick together!

Comment

what pattern?

Comment

Originally posted by light bread
                what pattern?
                Until BlueBunny63 made a positive contribution (thx m8), I thought the pattern of responses (bought about by experience) about "Follow Me" were negative.

Comment

I didnt make a negative response I just told what it got me. Meaning I use it, it just gets me killed more than it helps. This would be the idiots fault, not the command itself.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBunny63
                    There's a book about the role of officers in Israeli infantry actions that I read years ago called "Follow Me". Good stuff, and it praises the leadership and guts it takes to be out front, leading the guys.

Nice job of taking the initiative - it makes a better game for everyone.
                    I can't remember if i've said it before, but your sig is hilarious

Anyway back on-topic, I never say follow me because I worry that they will just ignore me and make me feel embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPig_PW69
                      One of the most important Commo Rose commands (but probably the least used) is the Follow Me option.

I was the SL on a IO 64 Karkand and decided to take the initiative and bag a few CP at the back. To my surprise I wasn't on my own. I arrived at the train crash and another player was there helping with the cap. He wasn't in a squad so I invited him. He joined and with help of the "Follow Me" he tagged along and after doing this a few more times we had a cohesive squad that was nearly unbeatable (on a public server aswell).

Heh. Not sure if it was the same round but I remember teaming up with you on a 64p IO Karkand last week and our squad completely dominating the map. Was good fun! Remember the 'Follow Me' as well...

Comment

I never say it incase I die and bring half the team down with me! Unless I'm a SL

Comment

I use it alot when I hear someone call out for a medic, sorta to tell him where I am and where to go for meds, unfortunately half the people that play this game don't look at their minimap much so that doesn't always work out. I miss the "cover me!" command from BF1942, why they would remove that is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPig_PW69

Funny thing, last night playing on Warlord another player who was helping me cap the Plaza Flag said it and I followed him to cap some other flags.

It was the first time I heard it ever, but I really liked it. It was one of the few times I felt like I was doing squad manuevers without VOIP.

Comment

I wish this would allow in singleplayer, as bots do whatever you say (unless you ask for a ride which piss me off) In the army, didnt the teach you to follow direct orders, if the commander orders you to jump off a cliff, you have to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X