Skinning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skinning

Alright ... please don't flame me or anything for this question.

I've looked all over the net for how to import skins into battlefield 2, if i change DDS in photoshop i can't save it anymore.

If anyone has some tips or tutorials please let me know.

Re: Skinning

i dont really get what u mena but i am thinking you dont have the photoshop .DDS plug in yet

If i remember later ill look for the link but u can find it esay buy googlinging

google "nvidia DDS photoshop plug in" or maybe somthign a lil shorter

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. STEELERS743
      i dont really get what u mena but i am thinking you dont have the photoshop .DDS plug in yet

If i remember later ill look for the link but u can find it esay buy googlinging

google "nvidia DDS photoshop plug in" or maybe somthign a lil shorter
      nooo !! i want to learn how to skin in BF:2 i already have th plugin

My first modeling attempt:

Comment

you mean you waana learn to custom skin any custom object like you tank thingy?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. MasterSquirrel
          you mean you waana learn to custom skin any custom object like you tank thingy?
          yeah anything..

I want to start with a European flag and to change the infanterie camouflage.

After that more difficult skinning parts.

Comment

A lot of "skinning" depends on your photoshopping ability, it's for people who know how to use filters and to manipulate them into textures.

What I suggest you do is start of "Re-Skinning" some of the Battlefield 2 objects, and see how things turn out, then move on to your model.

Google for some "Metal texture" or "Wood Texture" tutorials to know what I'm talking about. PM me if you have any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Shpox
              A lot of "skinning" depends on your photoshopping ability, it's for people who know how to use filters and to manipulate them into textures.
              hmmmmmm - filters are good for your initial base - not much else.

now blending options and edge highlighting/recess shading - thats where the money is.

Comment

Working...
              X