Headhshots!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headhshots!?!?!?

i am a sniper and normally snip[er more than anything else. i snipe about 90% of the time. specops or medic the rest. what my question is is how do i get headshots while an enemy is moving. i cannot do it! no matter how hard i try, i cant do it. is there some secret to it? please help. appreciated.

Re: Headhshots!?!?!?

I honestly see where they're going, usually in a straight line and put my crosshair where it will meet their melon...depending on distance I will lead them enough and next thing ya know it's head shot time .

Comment

i dont try hitting a moving target in the head.i just go for the hit

Comment

Its very hard to do thats why. Just try to hit the mid-section while they are running, then switch to pistol and let off a couple rounds. That should do it.

If you really still want to get HS on moving targets just stay on the same server. Because eventually you will get used to the ping/lag of that server and it might become easier to get HS.

Other than that the only advice I can give you is to learn how to lead a target.

Comment

do i have to lead them a litle at the shot? i mean do i have to pull the trigger before the head is actually on the crosshairs?because i have tried MANY TIMES and i am stilll unsuccesful. when i snipe, i wait for the PERFECT shot. i dont just try and luckily hit him. id rather let him get behind a rock or get away then me hitting him with no HS. i wait until he stops and use patience. although in real life, i have no paitience.

Comment

Originally posted by unfound_sniper
            i wait for the PERFECT shot.
            Not paying off? You have 32% Acc. with the sniper rifle. http://bf2s.com/player/78658084/

I can already tell your one of the players that sits on the carrier on Wake, along with your other 30 snipers all waiting for the F35.

Comment

yes, definatly try and lead the movement, after a bit you will get used to the movements of most players who follow a routine (fire, strafe around in a circle, crouch, get up and fire again - thats then one I see most often)

and yes, figuring out the server lag REALLY helps too.

it took me quite a while to figure out a good reaction time to hitting a moving target square in the noggin - while still not very great at it, I can do it roughly 1/3 to 1/5 of the time depending on the distance and so on.

but, by far, practice makes perfect....oh and IO, talk about Sniping 101

Comment

actually i only just got my favorite sniper rifle. i had been stuck with the stupid m95. not stuck with, just i thought it was good and it made my accuracy go down. plus, i just got the game.

Comment

Somtimes I love to stand up and shout "HEY OVER HERE IM A SNIPER COME KNIFE ME" they then come running at you STRAIGHT on. Just snipe em in the head and find a new spot.

I have never done that but when I get noticed people actually do run at you in a straight line, so just jump up and down once in awhile if its a spot that you dont care about and boom hes coming right for ya.

Comment

i swear that half of the running headshots i get boil down to luck. i do love getting them though.

Comment

ask fps doug how to do headshots lol....

nah jk just have the crosair where u think their head will be and when it crosses the crosairs boom headshot!

Comment

Originally posted by unfound_sniper
                        do i have to lead them a litle at the shot? i mean do i have to pull the trigger before the head is actually on the crosshairs?because i have tried MANY TIMES and i am stilll unsuccesful. when i snipe, i wait for the PERFECT shot. i dont just try and luckily hit him. id rather let him get behind a rock or get away then me hitting him with no HS. i wait until he stops and use patience. although in real life, i have no paitience.
                        That is exactly what ken suggested. It takes practice above all else. I've hit running enemies with a headshot quite a few times. Lead them and adjust for bullet drop. Yes, the bullet will drop to some extent the further your target is .

Comment

It's all about positioning my friend. If you want to hit a moving target then you have to place your crosshair just infront of the target, at first i used to think it was hard to do this but now i hit 90% of my moving shots. It just takes practice.

But like i said positioning is the key, for example on road to jallabad the enemies took a flag (don't know which one) but i could see that the enemies would be coming in my direction shortly, so i went round a few blocks and found a straight narrow long street which i know the enemies would come down. I also chose this spot to snipe because i knew that even if the enemies were moving they would be running straight towards me or running away from me so i had an easy shot both ways, it was basically the same as hitting a non-moving target, and yes, i got alot of kills in that spot (about 18 before i died) and i can do it on any map it just takes a little thought as to your cover and positioning.

Also as Revoluti0n said, lead them and adjust for bullet drop.

Comment

watch how other experienced players play

this is Concerto by dbs

Comment

I put my crosshair in front of where they're running, and they bassically walk into my scope and boom they're dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X