Will not stop moving around....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will not stop moving around....?

I've been expriencing a very annoy problem and its happened everytime after my first death/re-spawn. The keyboard commands (moving, etc) suddenly become unresponsive. For examples when I press forward, I keep going forward even when I'm no longer pressing the key. It's like I'm moving around on ice, bumping into walls, falling over cliffs, gun firing but it won't stop firing and I lost all control over my character. It's not the keyboard, I've tried three different ones....same happens with all of them.

Any ideas?

Re: Will not stop moving around....?

Have you tried reinstalling BF2?

Comment

Dude!!! same thing keeps happening to me.....heres my post

OK, loaded BF2 up as normal the other day...played fine...no probs. Then i load POE2, gets on the server, MAJOR LAG....low ping , Me thinks...sod this off, and loads BF2. Gets on one of my fav servers, plays for 1 min aprox then the screen starts jumping but stops after 2secs. Thinks nothing of it, plays on... then whilst playing the controls bugger up, it forces me to move left i thinks its my game pad (use the game pad for direction movement) so i unplug it and trys the keyboard but no joy, still moving left.
      Then out of the blue, it stops. This keeps happening... on and off and it getting on my tits. Any ideas.

Oh!! its not only Left, its in all directions

Comment

^^^ I'm just as baffled as you. Will do a complete re-install tomorrow and see if that cures the problem. Why is it that EA made games are the only ones I have problems with?

Comment

After installing POe2 I had the same problems. I had to reinstall the full 1.4 patch again and I now have no more problems so far.

Comment

happens to me as well

Comment

Originally posted by John Edmo
              After installing POe2 I had the same problems. I had to reinstall the full 1.4 patch again and I now have no more problems so far.
              I'll try that... only problem is my patch is an Incremental Patch.
              Fingers Crossed :hmm:

Comment

To the OP, do you change the priority of bf2 when playing.

Comment

Originally posted by cloaker
                  To the OP, do you change the priority of bf2 when playing.
                  Originally yes. I set up a .bat file to make the game run as a high priority program. I also changed the name of the BF2.exe file. I'm trying it this time without any changes what so ever.

Comment

Hello. i have had the same problem where when i go foward it wont stop moving or when i shoot it dont stop. I also get huge ping jumps like 1 secand it could be 20 ping then goes up to something insane like 800ping!
                    Also my ventrillo lags like when someone says something if battlefield lags there voice lags. ive tried running battlefield without xfire on without ventrillo on literally the only thing running is battlefield 2. i had a whole day of reinstalling the game and what do you know it didnt lag...however wen i turned it off and went on the next day it happened again and is currently still doing so.
                    anyone have ANY ideas atall?

Comment

make sure nothings running in the background, especially windows update

Comment

Well, I've done a full re-install with full 1.4 patch and everything appears to be running just fine for me now. Getting my butt thoroughly kicked! :laugh: I have turned EAX support off this time round as I am aware that my on-board C-Media even it supports EAX can throw a hissy fit now and then with certain EA games.

About VOIP, if you disable it does that mean you cannot hear people on your team using VOIP?

Comment

Originally posted by Corporal Klinger
                          Well, I've done a full re-install with full 1.4 patch and everything appears to be running just fine for me now. Getting my butt thoroughly kicked! :laugh: I have turned EAX support off this time round as I am aware that my on-board C-Media even it supports EAX can throw a hissy fit now and then with certain EA games.

About VOIP, if you disable it does that mean you cannot hear people on your team using VOIP?
                          What i said was probably right. In the bf2142 beta i set if i set the priority higher i would get the same problem as you had. BTW how do you set it so it becomes high priority everytime?

Comment

Hey I've been having this same problem with 2142 and reinstalls and patches don't help. I read something saying that audio drivers caused a similar problem. I found my latest audio drivers and installed them, and no more unnecessary and delayed movements.

Comment

Working...
                            X