"There is a problem with your connection" Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "There is a problem with your connection" Solution

I use to be a victim of this problem, and I hated it, and I know how annoying it is..so heres the solution.

NOTICE: THIS IS ONLY FOR WIRELESS ROUTER USERS, IF YOU DO NOT USE A WIRELEESS ROUTER, THIS WILL NOT HELP YOU

One word: Wrieless adapter.

Thats what my problem was, and thats what the problem probably is if your having this problem.(aND YOU HAVE A ROUTER)

Now, if your going, "What the hell is a wireless adapter?" a wireless adapter is what receives the signals the router is giving off to connect to the internet.

If you have an 802.11b wireless adapter or lower, you will get the "There is a problem with your connection" very often on BF2.(It usally says what kind of adapter it is on top of the adapter) Why does it do this BF2 and not other games? BF2 requires a good rate of packet exchange, and 802.11b adapters don't exchange packets fast enough for BF2.

What you will need to fix the problem, is a 802.11g wireless adapter or above, they'll usally cost around 60-100 dollars. I myself use a linksys 802.11G USB wireless adapter, works fine.

You can find adapters at Best Buy, Circut City, or any electronic store.
    After you buy it, what you'll need to do, is uninstall the old adapter, and install this one.

You will NEED your router information, it makes you enter the WEP(Security key to connect to the internet, if its a secure network) so make sure you have your router information out, and ready before trying to installing!

Once installed and connected to the internet, give BF2 Online a go and see if it works, because it should.

Hope this helps.

Re: "There is a problem with your connection" Solution

USEFULL *humps this thread*

Comment

Re: "There is a problem with your connection" Solution

Good explaination. Hopefully other users with this problem will have a look =) I remember a lot of topics about this back in the day =) Nice tutorial.

Comment

Working...
      X