Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie question: Is playing on knife+pistol only server bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question: Is playing on knife+pistol only server bad?

I seemed to get lots of head-on combat training on knife+pistol only servers and found myself strafing/jumping/proning a lot. Plus points rack up kinda fast which means earlier weapon unlocks. But I think I read a post before and someone mentioned that knife+pistol server is against the EA rules or something. So I just wanna make sure if it does any harm to play on those servers?

Re: Newbie question: Is playing on knife+pistol only server bad?

It's a way to get your stats wiped that is for sure, plus you are cheating in a way.

3.2.1 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

This would include but not limited to:

(a) Using tag teams to take turns to kill and revive each other in turn (using knives, pistols, etc.)

(b) Playing on Knife and/or Pistol only Servers

(c) Playing on Knife only Servers

(d) Playing on “High Points” Servers

(e) Playing on “No Artillery” or “No Armour” Servers (except when using Infantry only server-side option)

(f) Using Vehicles removed from battlefield for purposes of artificially inflating points

(g) Turning boats upside down and constantly repairing them

(h) Glitching inside buildings (using building model glitches to attack out without risk of being hit).

Comment

Yea find an un-ranked one, there are some out there. Lots of good skill to learn there for a sniper IMO.

Comment

OMG OMG I played like 3 games on a ranked knife+pistol server last night. Hopefully they won't make me start over on my rank!!

Comment

I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much, try not to make a habit out of it though. I don't think EA really cares that much if you only did it 3 times.

Comment

Is playing on a knife and pistol server bad?

Is hammering a 6 inch rusty nail into your cornea bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Deliverance
              Is playing on a knife and pistol server bad?

Is hammering a 6 inch rusty nail into your cornea bad?
              Aren't you late for the short bus or something?

Comment

Originally posted by ctay20
                Aren't you late for the short bus or something?
                I dont get it...

Comment

I start to wonder if it matters, now considering how they gimped the badge system so it is easy to get Expert Knife, what does it really matter? Maybe for just getting enough pistol kills (500). Back when everything was 18, yeah, it really did matter to those that had to work hard.

Maybe I should refrase that. Does it matter, yes it does...should it matter, well that is debateble.

Comment

Its the equivalent of sleeping with your sister!

Comment

Working...
                    X