Why so little teamwork..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so little teamwork..

I ok so I'm a self confessed noob at this and online gaming in general. I've heard people complain about the lack of teamwork online, but what i dont understand is the WHY there is so little.

My most successful missions have been when I've hooked up with a good squad, or even just a couple other guys working together. You can be so much more effective at any given task (capture, defend, etc) working in a small group then on your own. Given that BF2 has so many tools that would support teamwork, why is it so hard to get people to do it?? Is there a motivator for working on your own, or is it just laziness/apathy on the part of most players???

I say squad up and rule all!

Re: Why so little teamwork..

it is simply due to the selfish attitude that most players have .. all they think about a good game is lots of points

Comment

I ask myself that everytime I log into the game!!! LOL

I actually was part of a 6man team using VOIP on SF last night and we were working great together. We even varied kits as to what the squad needed at any given moment, and if we split we had a plan to get back together.

Occassionally playing an Engineer, I will break from my squad to repair the commanders assest, but then I hook back up with my squad when done! They always let me know what target was next or what was needed without using the stupid yellow and purple smoke, which does not communicate a whole lot of information.

Squad / Teamwork is the way to go....just wish more people would play the game that way. I guess that is why a lot of people join clans so they can play with people they know and that are willing to work together.

Lets all try to be better at teamwork and playing to win not to see who can rack up the most points!

Comment

because people always love to do teh 1 man army thing, if u want team work join a clan.

Comment

Originally posted by =GzR=Damager
          it is simply due to the selfish attitude that most players have .. all they think about a good game is lots of points
          It's not really about the points, everyone knows that you get more points in a squad normally.

For me the reason I don't join a squad in a pub is because you hardly ever find a squad that uses teamwork.

Most don't use VOIP or even use the intergral map markers. Sometimes I make a squad myself but it ends up disappointing most times.

Comment

I always try to get into a good squad so we can provide assisstance when needed, we also cap flags and use the VoiP. Most of the time the squad leader doesn't set orders, so we are all running around. But when you do join/make a decent sqaud, it makes the game IMO

Comment

I've often found that teamwork and points go hand in hand. I talk but only when initiated because so many people are just rude about talking and others don't want to be slated for it. Some just may not have a mic...

Comment

I love lone wolfs. When I'm sniping, I never have to worry about that pesky medic showing up to revive them once I give away my position. Nor do I have to worry about armor getting repaired when I'm shooting at it, or reinforcements showing up anytime soon, or mobile spawn points from squad leaders, etc, etc, etc. Most people complain about 'nade and claymore spammers stat padding... I've developed my own form of stat padding, where I just go after squadless teams, and I've gotta say, it's a helluva lot more effective.

The other day I was playing 24/7 Mashtuur INSOMNIA365, and I happened to land the MEC team which had 3 squads consisting of 1 player each and no commander. Mind you, I never command, but I decided to just for the hell of it. We went from being down 100 some tickets, to only losing by about 50 once I got a few more people to squad up and repaired all the assets. Teamwork is key, no matter how good a team you have, unless they're all working together, you're not going to beat a team full of noobs if they're all working together.

Comment

its because no one uses their mic...and have u ever played a game where u have to line everyone up by birthdate or by age or by name...and u cant talk..now image that wihtout facial expressions and without hand signals..

Comment

Working...
                  X