Total newbie setup Qs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total newbie setup Qs?

My apologies for sounding like a total noob here, but I have a few questions about setting up BF2 for the first time. I have BF2 Deluxe edition which includes Special Forces.

Do I need the "Play BF2 Online Now" and "Play BF2 SF Online Now" short cuts at all?

Do I need to register both parts of the game with EA?

I've read through the Tech FAQ for optimizing the game, but what about setting up an BF2 account for online play or even before playing single player?

Do you need to be connected to the Net to play single player?

Another other setup help would be most welcome. Hopefully I'll be online tonight....and yes, I will be patching the game to v1.4.

Re: Total newbie setup Qs?

Do I need the "Play BF2 Online Now" and "Play BF2 SF Online Now" short cuts at all?
    No you do not, you should delete them. When you use them they automatically make you join a server so dont use them.

Do I need to register both parts of the game with EA?
    No you do not. Ive never really understood the point of registering.

but what about setting up an BF2 account for online play or even before playing single player?
    When you start up the game i takes you to a log on screen. Click the multiplayer tab and create a new account. This is the account you play multiplayer and singleplayer on.

Do you need to be connected to the Net to play single player?
    No you do not

Have fun its an awesome game. btw BF2142 (sequel to bf2) is coming out in less then a month. The demo is going to probly be out on oct.7 so check it out. See you on the battlefield.

Comment

Final Q....is Special Force expansion pack intergtrated into BF2 when you play it online? In other words you fire up the BF2.exe for online play and the BF2 SP features are then available as you play online?

Comment

no m8, its a seperate mod, having its own launcher,
        if you tried to join a SF map whilst in normal BF2 your game would restart, unlike Armoured Fury and Euro Force which can be integrated into the map rotation or not, admins call.

Comment

Working...
        X