Crazy idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy idea

I remember a game called ‘Majesty’, like 4 years ago. It was a strategy game, where you were in charge of a kingdom full of heroes, being under attack from beasts and evil creatures.
    The fun part was that you had no direct control over your heroes. You couldn’t make them ‘attack this’, or ‘defend that’, because they had their own agenda.
    The only way to get some job done was to give rewards for different tasks and put ransoms on bad guys.
    After that it was so fun to watch your heroes fighting around to get your rewards, doing what had to be done to keep the kingdom safe.
    This made me think. What if our commander would be able to set rewards for orders he needs to get carried on?
    Giving more or less points, depending on how important the accomplishment is for the team, setting ransoms on tanks or annoying jets. These points could come from a pool of virtual points, replenished at the beginning of the round for both commanders. At the end of the round, only the winners add these virtual points to their score.
    Could this be a way to make squads follow orders and put some teamwork FTW?
    It’s just a rhetorical question, but I would love such a feature in BF2.

Re: Crazy idea

Sounds cool but giving the control of points is a way to statpadding

Comment

I think that sounds real cool. I've found that most of the servers I've been playing on recently, the people actaully follow orders and want to win as a team. But I still think this would be a cool ad-on.

Side-note: You could set a limit to how many points a certain player could get per round, but statpadding would still be an issue. But so are those three butt buddies out back killing each other.

Comment

good idea

Comment

Grin ^^ Majesty's not forgotten Look at the icons at the left http://www.mutant-art.com/extra/desk.jpg

So I know exactly what you mean. Problem was that the rewards had to go high to get some real attention. And you would have to limit the amount of points a commander could give, otherwise you would have indeed a form of statpadding, do it with your clan and set out rewards of 100 points at simple targets.
          Next to that I think BF2 is a bit hectic for that. Although a hord of minotaurs is hectic too

I like the idea, but I think you have to take a lot of things into account before you can get it working.

Comment

Statspadders will love your idea!!! You get a statpadding smacktard commander giving 100% of the virtual points to his buddy for the round, and then the next round his buddy is the commander and gives all the points to the first guy!!

I like your idea, but I think it would just get exploited!!!

Comment

It would get exploited unfortunately

Comment

Agree that it's a Cool Idea but a Bad Idea in execution do to the level of Smacktards in the game.

Comment

I'm glad you like it.
                  Let's talk about the rules!
                  Since winning the round is a requirement, this is the first line of defense against smacktards. You have to work hard for a win to be rewarded.
                  Next, the commander score should remain like it is now, so he has no gain from it other then satisfaction from winning the round. Only his team players could get these points.
                  This also means that all the medals would be taken by the winning team, because of the additional points gained, while the commander would be practically excluded from getting a medal. But I don't think he would mind, though.
                  Plus he'll be pretty busy running the numbers, so less commanders will be flying or driving instead of commanding.
                  Then let's say this pool of points is made of 50, 100 or 150 points/player, depending on the size of the map, so it's a limited number.
                  The rewards should have a max value/objective and should be given for:
                  - cap a flag (max. 20 points)
                  - destroy an enemy asset (max. 10 points/asset)
                  - kill an important target - tank, chopper or jet (max. 20 points)
                  - defend a flag (max. 5 points/ Defended CP). The reward for defending a flag should give less points, but it adds up every time a player gets a 'Defended CP' from that flag.
                  The reward for attacking, destroying or killing should be divided between the players who got the job done (including assists).
                  Of course, the commander will have to be very careful in managing his virtual points, because he might run out of points at an inconvenient moment.
                  Switching teams should be allowed at the beginning of the round only. Some kind of balance should be enforced on server's side (auto-balance on, maybe).
                  The mutiny should also be changed to count team votes only.
                  It's starting to sound more like a mini game for commanders, involving more strategy and being more fun for him, while encouraging more teamwork at the same time.

Comment

I think it's a great idea. Shame about the stats padding, but surely there is a way around this...

Comment

How about adding the winning teams remaining tickets to the winning team's player's points for the round, but only if they are in a squad. For example the round ends with the USMC winning with 70 tickets remaining. Each player in a squad on the winning team get's the 70 points (one point for each ticket) divided between them. If 20 players are in squads, then each player would get an additional 3 points... but if only 5 people are in a squad then each player would get 12 points.

This would give incentive to player to at least join a squad. To work as a squad give them a point for following an order, such as attack here, when they get there, to the marker, they get a point. Repair here... when they get there and the repair is finished they get a repair point....

Just some additional thoughts.

Comment

Yeah I love the idea,but then statpadders cool me down

Comment

Working...
                        X