Noobish flying question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noobish flying question

Hi, I was always pretty good at flying a i can kill about 70% of people in a dogfight, but until now, i've never really needed to use bombs, I can use them semi efficiently, but how exactly are you supposed to use the bomb reticle to aim them, I really don't know. Any serious help from experienced pilots would be appreciated.

Re: Noobish flying question

Check the Tips and Hints section ... I've seen pretty wild things there ... I remember someone drawing a hud on their PC monitor to help with the bombing

Comment

Originally posted by KristianSax
      Check the Tips and Hints section ... I've seen pretty wild things there ... I remember someone drawing a hud on their PC monitor to help with the bombing
      I did something like that but i used those clear things teachers use to write on overheads.

Comment

Originally posted by linx
        Hi, I was always pretty good at flying a i can kill about 70% of people in a dogfight, but until now, i've never really needed to use bombs, I can use them semi efficiently, but how exactly are you supposed to use the bomb reticle to aim them, I really don't know. Any serious help from experienced pilots would be appreciated.
        To put it bluntly the bombs in BF2 are horribly innaccurate.

I think most pilots would agree that the best way to make good use of them is to make good use of your cannons first. Especially if you are trying to kill a tank. Its best to take as much damage off of them as possible with your machine guns first then come in and bomb them. Thats how I do it. As far as using the sights to line up your shots do a search theres plenty of posts explaining the sweet spot at different angles and alttitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken_x_Boxer
          Do you think if i use the same technique i learned for my PKM sinced they changed the accuracy and aim 90 degrees perpindicular to where i want it to shoot and start killing people that i may be able to use the same method for bombing?

Comment

Originally posted by lmimmfn
            Do you think if i use the same technique i learned for my PKM sinced they changed the accuracy and aim 90 degrees perpindicular to where i want it to shoot and start killing people that i may be able to use the same method for bombing?
            :laugh:

hehe actually I have seen people that are awesome at bombing while flying straight. It looks really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken_x_Boxer
              Uh huh, sure...*cough*BS*cough*. Have you seen PWs first vid? And I could land a bomb on a moving APC/DPV/Tank from like 400 feet up.

Its only as accurate as the pilot.

Comment

Here's some general tips. To destroy an armored vehicle with bombs use Dive Bombing. Quote from Wikipedia

Diving (nearly) vertically at the target, in the same direction the bombs will take, the aircraft will release the bombs very close to the target at high speed. This allows a dive bomber to accurately place bombs on relatively small and/or moving targets with relative ease.
                If your target is infantry. The bombing technique is different.

To kill infantry with a non-bomber jet, be near the ground when you are dropping your bombs. don't dive as sharply as you do when you intend to kill armors. This will allow your two bombs to spread out slightly and it will give them greater splash radius, which is effective against infantry.

In bomber jets, always dive bomb, but make sure that all your bombs are released before you pull up. It's kind of useless to be dropping bombs as you are pulling up.

So, in summary, to maximize the damage on a small area, dive bomb. To spread out the splash radius, fly more horizontally as you drop but be near the ground. With bomber airplanes, always dive.

I hope that made sense.

Comment

To have a "program" for ATS improvement check outPlaneWhore Part 1ˇPlaneWhore Part 2Xennores videoMy bombing HUD tutorialIf youre unsure about when PW drops his "load", then heres the explanation-He attacks the target with MG and pulls up at a certain point. He releases the bombs somewhere near the vertical tip. Its kinda akward (but effective) because the jet releases the bombs while its either horizontally positioned, or even having its nose pointed tpwards the sky.

Comment

Working...
                  X