how long till there are no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how long till there are no more

the death of the stats server will not kill bf2 FH2 will keep BF2 alive for a long time

Comment

Originally posted by scrogathon
      well me and my freind play 1942 sometimes, plenty of servers still.
      True theres still loads of 1942 servers

Comment

There's still plenty of Battlefield 1942 servers, and that game is ancient but still awesome, so I think BF2 servers should stick around for a while.

Comment

Bf2 will probably last longer then 2142

Comment

If BF2's ranked servers go down, i'll play FH2, and POE2.

Comment

n00b question wat is FH 2

Comment

Forgotten Hope 2

Comment

It will probably die when Enemy Territory: Quake Wars comes out.

Comment

yeah dont worry u have a long time to play bf2 imgetting bored with bf2 so im moving to 2142

Comment

The question is/was how long till there are no more BF2 servers.

That's an extreme scenario, that's why my best estimate was 5 years.

It could be reletively obscure with no EA servers and no ranked servers in less then 2, but it will probably still be around.

That's from my experience playing games till the bitter end. With all this talk of servers still being around it makes me want to fire up '42. But I only like CTF, and there are a limited number of CTF servers, a lot of them server side modded now too.

I can find a race of Grand Prix Legends right now by downloading WinVroc, and that sim is 8 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Blades
                        BF2 isnt 1942.
                        and your point?, im saying if 1942 has servers after this long so will bf2.

Comment

Originally posted by scrogathon
                          and your point?, im saying if 1942 has servers after this long so will bf2.
                          But BF2 is not, imo, as good as BF1942. DICE has alienated the community, and I feel that the hardcore people who played BF1942 will not feel that loyalty to BF2. And I mean Vanilla servers. Its gonna be FH2, and PoE2, and all the other great mods out there that are gonna keep this game afloat.

Comment

But BF2 is not, imo, as good as BF1942. DICE has alienated the community, and I feel that the hardcore people who played BF1942 will not feel that loyalty to BF2. And I mean Vanilla servers. Its gonna be FH2, and PoE2, and all the other great mods out there that are gonna keep this game afloat.
                            ^^yes what he said.

Comment

Two thousand, one hundred and forty-two years.

Comment

so true Ive gotten to the point i dont care about my stats, i catch myself playing around in servers with 3 ppl for hours on end, or in unranked servers for filming and such. and like you said bf2 not being as great as 42 thats what my freind says, i sold him my old video card to coax him into bf2, yet he insists on playing 1942.

Comment

Working...
                                X