how long till there are no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long till there are no more

how long will it be before there are no more bf2 servereswill thery all go over to bf2142.took me a year to get bf2 to work on my computer hope i get longer too play it.play on my laptop cant upgrade will miss out on 2142.

Re: how long till there are no more

prob not...theres plnety of cs1.6 servers still out there and its been out for what like....8 years?

Comment

bf2 will be around for a long time to come especially with mods like FH2 coming out

Comment

I wonder this myself. I don't know but sometimes, I think they are going to need to lower the prices of hosting a ranked server if they want the program to servive.

Comment

well me and my freind play 1942 sometimes, plenty of servers still.

Comment

Originally posted by scrogathon
            well me and my freind play 1942 sometimes, plenty of servers still.
            BF2 isnt 1942.

You will probably always find one at the very least no matter when you play.

Comment

bf2 has a pretty good foothold now , but it will still be around with fh2 etc.

Comment

Not really on subject, but when was the last time anyone played BF:V?

Comment

I give BF2 some time, 7 years sounds good to me, asuming we arent all dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ford
                    There was a thread on this forum that resulted in a brief resurrection of BF:V among a few members.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ford
                      Just last month. Loads of fun to this day, especially with the realism mod I made for it. More like an ownage mod.... but is tons of fun for my clan and I to get in and kill bots.

Comment

It's got legs.

5 years maybe more

Server prices will eventually come down, as does everything. Just look at what broadband ISPs are compared to 5 years ago. They telcos, sat, and cable companies are constantly working at creating more volumous, faster and more streamlined bandwidth and protocols.

The FH people make a good mod, one of the only BF42' conquest versions I liked. I can see a "Pro" mod comming too. No flopping, no proning that sort of thing. Maybe even server side mods too.

There's always an influx of player comming late to the game, with upgrades as prices come down too. That second generation of players that tend to wait to play games that are very demanding when they are first released. The "second wave" so to speak.

Why?

Besides it's technical problems (that personally I've hardly expereinced much of), it's a damn good game. Decent balance besides the air power, but that's an earmark of the BF series. Lots of things to do, and lots of ways to do it. Big maps, lots of routes to discover and niches to find. The tactical people will start slugging it out in City maps. While some of the city map twitchers will start to get more tactical. Personally after squad leading a group of regulars for awhile, I started lone sniping. What I thought would be a total bore turned out to be quite challenging. I haven't even thought about jets and helos yet.

The "stat/ribbon/medal getters", will turn towards winning as motivation. Vice Versa, those who have painstakingly gone for wins may tire of that and start going for badges and the like.

Comment

Actually, it will be when EA realises that there aren't many people playing anymore (<1k-5k probably) and they will stop running the stats servers (IE Gamespy), so you will still have servers... sure... but they won't be ranked.. which will then make people stop playing.. and the game will die.

There was a rumor that their contract with gamespy would be up some time soon but I have no idea.

Look at NFS:UG2... they shut those servers down after about a year..

Pretty much, when they release the newest "greatest" game, you don't have too much time left... (that's with EA)

In our case, that newest "greatest" game will be 2142... They will probably use the same gamespy servers to run 2142.

That's what I think..

One thing I CAN guaruntee, BF2 will never be like counterstrike...

Why? EA is a bunch of money hungry whores that don't care about their customers.

BF2's majority, plays ranked games... running the stats servers = money... EA won't keep paying that money if they see the popularity going downhill..

And once they stop the stats, I can guaruntee that will be the day BF2 dies.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                            Actually, it will be when EA realises that there aren't many people playing anymore (<1k-5k probably) and they will stop running the stats servers (IE Gamespy), so you will still have servers... sure... but they won't be ranked.. which will then make people stop playing.. and the game will die.

There was a rumor that their contract with gamespy would be up some time soon but I have no idea.

Look at NFS:UG2... they shut those servers down after about a year..

Pretty much, when they release the newest "greatest" game, you don't have too much time left... (that's with EA)

In our case, that newest "greatest" game will be 2142... They will probably use the same gamespy servers to run 2142.

That's what I think..

One thing I CAN guaruntee, BF2 will never be like counterstrike...

Why? EA is a bunch of money hungry whores that don't care about their customers.

BF2's majority, plays ranked games... running the stats servers = money... EA won't keep paying that money if they see the popularity going downhill..

And once they stop the stats, I can guaruntee that will be the day BF2 dies.
                            EA knows that they can guarantee and EXTREMELY sucesful 2142 sale, since all the whiney, EA-hating noobs will even buy it. Just because it's made by the same people who made bf2.

Most of the bf2 population is oblivious to Dice's crappy patches, and have no input on these forums.

Comment

EA are hosting the stats themselves this time and not using Gamespy for 2142.

When 2142 comes out, the server owners will have a decision to make. As EA will not allow BF2 and 2142 to be on the same box and in fact 2142 can be the only game on the server, for a lot of server owners it will be a choice between the 2 games. If they choose 2142, you will see a drastic drop in BF2 servers.

This will also mean that there will be less EA servers because EA doesn't pay for their servers they are provided by the GSP's as part of the deal of the Trusted Partner program. It works on the basis of the GSP has to provide 10 servers for every 100 servers they sell. So if 1 GSP has all their customers move to 2142, there's 10 less official EA BF2 servers gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X