Error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error message

I just installed the SF expansion onto my pc then when i went to try play i got a black screen and this error message

I have no idea what to do to fix this problem so could someone please help me.

I tried clicking retry which just opened the message over and over and clicking cancel closes the message and bf2

Re: Error message

download 1.4 patch,

should fix the problem *hope*

Comment

I'm suffering from the same problem after installing patch 1.4. Tried full reinstall which worked....temporarily. Problem back now though.

As a work around, try starting from the dvd rather than the desktop icon. That works for me.

There's a guide somewhere to uninstalling everything and making sure your pc is completely bf2 clean before attempting to reinstall. I would try and find this guide and go through it and then reinstall in the very specific order mentioned somehere else on this forum ( I think its BF2 > patch 1.4 > SF2 > Patch 1.4 again, with a reboot inbetween each step, though can't be sure). Thats my plan when I have more time.

Comment

It all seems to be working fine now i patched it thanks for the help guys

Comment

Originally posted by Giantbstard
          I'm suffering from the same problem after installing patch 1.4. Tried full reinstall which worked....temporarily. Problem back now though.

As a work around, try starting from the dvd rather than the desktop icon. That works for me.

There's a guide somewhere to uninstalling everything and making sure your pc is completely bf2 clean before attempting to reinstall. I would try and find this guide and go through it and then reinstall in the very specific order mentioned somehere else on this forum ( I think its BF2 > patch 1.4 > SF2 > Patch 1.4 again, with a reboot inbetween each step, though can't be sure). Thats my plan when I have more time.
          Originally posted by Shepherd007
          Apparently, a lot of people have had problems with installing Special Forces after the 1.4 update. Here's what I did to fix it.

If you get the "syncronize shaders/lighting.fx not found" issue, then you'll need to copy the following files:

Copy all of the files from:
          C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\shaders_client
          to:
          C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\shaders

and

Copy all of the files from:
          C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\xpack\shaders_client
          to:
          C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\xpack\shaders

After you have copied the files, install the FULL 1.4 patch, as the SF install will remain at version 1.1, even though your vanilla BF2 will be up to date. This will prevent you from receiving a modded map error when you try to load one of the SF maps.
          from old post might help

Comment

Thanks Scinto - thats very kind of you. Will give it a try when I get the time.

Comment

Working...
            X