Kit balance Infantry Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit balance Infantry Only

For those who played IO might have noticed the number of snipers on both sides. Most of them can hit much and they dont do much to get flags/kills etc e
    Some mods I know from bf42 made a max on the kids.
    For example 6 players can play with the sniper kit, when they die and someone else choose the kit, bad luck pick other weapon.

Should battlefield IO have this option???(make it a serverside option,
    so you can choose how to play.)

Re: Kit balance Infantry Only

no
    then again IO in concept and reality was always destined to be a farce - gg dice

Comment

Meh, it's just something DICE didn't think about, along with about 100 other things when they introduced IO mode.

Just don't play IO and Snipers (actually it's only the claymores) won't be much of a problem (eg, don't walk to flags alot, use jeeps and buggys alot and use grapple hooks in SF to avoid claymores).

PRMM (Project Reality) will be introducing kit number balance (something like that) when they release the 0.4 version of their mod.

Plus alot of people say "i paid for this game i should be able to do whatever i want" but personally i don't care, they don't present much of a problem to me. Except their claymores on Sharqi's TV station which only has two real entry routes, the rest of the flags aren't that much of a problem

Comment

Yes.. Well it doesn't have too as long as they nerf the claymore really it should be forced to teamkill friendlies I have my Expert Sniper but it really annoys me when snipers are throwing Claymores in CQC.

Comment

It's a good concept but honestly all it would do is bandage a broken gameplay mechanic (that being one of kit balance, or lack thereof) in IO mode, which in and of itself is unbalanced. Were the classes balanced properly for infantry combat this wouldn't be an issue, but since IO mode was never considered when the game first came out there was never a need to restrict the number of people who could use a certain kit.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Why doesn't mani make a plug in for bf2??

Comment

I'm you don't appreciate Dice's finely tuned circle-of-life that is IO.

Snipers place the claymores.
              Support resupply the Snipers.
              Medics revive you after you step in front of one.

Comment

No they should not implement this change. It's like nobody notices that when Dice changes the game, the game sucks even more than the last time they made a change. Everyone needs to wise up and stop asking for changes because the game will only get worse.

If your entire team wants to be a sniper, switch teams or switch servers.

My $.02.

Comment

I'm against kit restrictions. If the kits are well-balanced, they should each see a reasonable amount of play.

(Though I also think that claymores should be destructable and set off by friendlies. I also think that IO is a stupid idea. )

Comment

I think people will attack/take flags sooner instead of sniping
                    Kinda forced to do something

Comment

I find I do like IO at times, what pisses me off is the fact everyone has more armor, but you have less rounds in a clip! Kinda pointless to carry a pistol.

Comment

No.

NO.

No to IO and no to any attempt to accomodate for this battlefield abomination.

If you think that IO sucks that's because it does. It goes against the very DNA of what the battlefield series is about.

If you want balance to return, bring back the vehicles. Or keep playing this mindless bastardized version of BF.

Before you say anything. I ground pound. And can rarely be found in tanks, choppers, or planes.

Comment

Man look at all the hating and EA bashing in yet anouther thread. Do you guys always have to complain? PRMM sucks as do most other mods. Theres a mod section use it instead of always drumming up your crap in this one. Dont like IO, dont freakin play it. I play IO as Assualt or Spec ops only and get top 3 every time. Snipers are puds who are as predictable as you lot rushing to your bash sessions. man you guys act like total nobs everytime you get killed, learn to freakin play with your brain more and you wont have to complain as much.

Matter of fact the worst thing you can do on some maps is give guys like me a tank to use, I will own all in a tank and laugh at the Specops, Engi's, Anti tank players who help me to my 110-12 K/D (Jalalala is such an armor players wet dream). Then you complain about the armor. So no matter what you do you are gonna get owned by better players, much like you get owned when you come here complaining about them. Course I only tank whore when theres an enemy tank on the field, otherwise my Scar does just fine. So how can you complain then? Say the Scar is over powered?

Leave the freakin game alone, adapt and overcome or piss off. This far in, if you havent learned how to play, give up and go play CS.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenomenon
                            If you think that IO sucks that's because it does. It goes against the very DNA of what the battlefield series is about.

If you want balance to return, bring back the vehicles. Or keep playing this mindless bastardized version of BF.

Before you say anything. I ground pound.
                            God Bless! I am so happy someone remember the heritage of BF! I too ground pound! And if I play IO, it is ONLY on 16 player maps where there is almost no need for jeeps or armor.

IO is a bastarization, an infection from CounterSuck.

Comment

dont care , you fail for palying ranked full stop

Comment

Working...
                              X