Sound not working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound not working!

Can someone help me with this issue that started happening and now I havent been able to play BF2 at all as the sound doesn't work. What happens is the sound will work on my pc for everything until I try to play BF2. After that sound will not work for anything else -- for instance-- when I attempt to listen to a song or sound I get a message that sound card in use by another program. Bf2 gives me a message of " Your sound hardware is incompatible with the settings you have selected. Please reset your audio settings to default to hear sound and music." Obviously I have tried that and nothing works. I tried the basic things such as updating sound card driver, reinstalling game, checking windows default devices for card and neither worked. I even tried to play with the BF2 V1.0 off the disk ,as the sound used to work ( even after 1.4 ) but the sound problem still active. I adjusted accel rate under dxdiag to standard for sound card - no better. The computer has to be restarted to have the sound work again after attempting BF2. Is my sound card defective???

System Specs:
    Pentium 4 3.0 ghz
    1.75gig RAM
    Realtek High Definition sound card
    Radeon X600 pci-ex
    Windows XP home sp2

Re: Sound not working!

your sound is onboard (part of the motherboard) and its pretty decent, i have the same it is compatible with BF2,

how do you mean playing BF2 off the disc? how else would you play?

Comment

Re: Sound not working!

He he-- -- what I mean is the bare bones BF2 --no patches. It used to run great but no more. I did a manual uninstall and it made no difference. I also downlowded the bf2 demo as it used to run excellent but it had the same problem. What gives???

Comment

Working...
      X