No announcement yet.

I STILL cant get bf2 to load updates..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I STILL cant get bf2 to load updates..

I had version 1.2something.. i couldnt get it to update to version 1.3 despite it updating in the past... i tried 1.4 and no go... so, at the advice of this forum, i uninstalled BF2, resintalled and reupdated to 1.4.. now i have 1.1... it lists 1.4 as a custom game, but when i activate it, it only comes back as 1.1...

please help!

Re: I STILL cant get bf2 to load updates..

Do you have SF or an expansion back because it repatches to 1.1 you need to do a FULL (FULL) 1.4 Patch to override all the others

Comment

the only other game i have for it is allied intent... otherwise i uninstalled bf2 then did a full 1.4 patch for it.

Comment

Thats strange,After uninstallation and re...Then patch 1.4,it should be fine.Did you get your patch from a trusted site?

Comment

the EA site as i remember it...

Comment

did u restart after u installed then restart after u patch then defrag and restart?

Comment

Could you tell us the version number on the right corner of loading screen (example 1.1.2963-795.0)?

Comment

maximillian.. that would be the version number.... and i uninstalled, restarted, installed, restarted, patched, restarted... saw no reason to defrag.... drive isnt fragmented..

Comment

Originally posted by regal1975
                  maximillian.. that would be the version number.... and i uninstalled, restarted, installed, restarted, patched, restarted... saw no reason to defrag.... drive isnt fragmented..
                  Running a defrag after installing software is a way to finalize the location of the files on the HD (Like running a comb through it). It never hurts and should not depend on the drive being fragmented.

Your installation order should be as follows:
                  BF2>SF>EF>FULL1.3>AF>INCREMEMNTAL 1.4
                  OR
                  BF2>SF>EF>FULL1.4>AF>FULL 1.4

I used the latter nad had no problems at all.

If you do a clean install make sure you delete ALL files and oflders related to "EA Games, Electronic Arts, etc."

Comment

okay, friend of mine explained that im an idiot.. apparently version 1.4 doesnt say " version 1.4" on the screen.. it says the thing above... it works fine and im just a moron..

thanks for your help guys!!

Comment

ummmm........ lol np!

Comment

Working...
                      X