Claymore Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claymore Idea

I'm on here nearly everyday reading about the latest news on BF2 and thought I should pitch an idea that could help with the claymore issue. Not sure if anybody has said this (even after searching) but what if you could spot claymores and other types of explosive just like you would spot enemy vehciles and troops. And once spotted the claymores/c4/mines would show the approximate position on the map to warn other players about their existance. Again, this idea could have already been pitched but, whatever.

Re: Claymore Idea

It's been said that there's an "Enemy Mine spotted" sound file in the game itself but nobody is sure how it will turn out. So I'm thinking it will be typical DiCE work: Leaving the things to help BF2 in the files, just taunting us with better gameplay.

Comment

Good idea, but where is the mysery in explosives then? You do know it will show up a red skull on your screen if your near an explosive right?

Comment

Originally posted by K8T
        Good idea, but where is the mysery in explosives then? You do know it will show up a red skull on your screen if your near an explosive right?
        read my explosives thread plz

Comment

That's a pretty nice idea and I've thought about that before also.
          I think that there are actually some files for spotting mines and such if you poke around, don't know why they never put them in though.:hmm:

Comment

Yeah but not if the enemy sets one up. And about the "mystery in explosives", yes it might take away from the mystery but help out in teamwork. Squads can better navigate through the battlefield if they know about locations of claymores and other such traps.

Comment

im not really up too backing up my answers today....so ill just leave it as a simple

no

Comment

not useful, the claymores are a pain in the A$$, they sometimes will explode before u come close to them, heck, once i even walked over an enemy claymore and nothing hapened

its a very dodgy thing, i ll go with enemy mine spotted...

that sound can also be exploited, people can round around the whole map useing this on the commo rose and find out locations of the claymores...

Comment

I would like it.

But I would like it more if you were able to blow them up without getting killed.

Comment

Didn't RTCW ET have a covert ops class that could spot mines after a certain level? That seemed to work pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                    X