Altering Maps At Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altering Maps At Startup

My question concerns the flag configuration at start. I would like to neutralize all flags except two at opposite ends of the map. This would be for no vehicles forcing troops to spawn at opposite ends of the map. They would then meet in the middle of the map for battle. Now the battle at Karkand for example gets hung up at the bottom of the hill. It can be very difficult for USMC to break through. If MEC spawned at start at the gatehouse the battle would take place somewhere in the middle of the map.I would need to have all flags neutralized except gatehouse and of course the two USMC flags.This may not be possible but I thought I would ask.Want to keep a ranked server.---Thanks to all who post.

Re: Altering Maps At Startup

Impossible to do for a ranked server because you cannot edit game files.

You could do it unranked though. You will need to edit the map files (I do not know how to do this) and then everyone that wants to play on your server will need to download these updated maps as well.....basically you would be creating a mod.

Comment

Correct; you can't do it on a ranked server but it is very easy mod to make. You don't even need the BF2 editor. The file to edit is in the map's server.zip. There are gameplayobjects.con files for each gamemode and map size. These are plain text files; you can probably figure out what to change just be reading them. If not, ask in the mapping forum.

Comment

Moved to Mapping Forum.

Comment

it would be easy to edit this info, but no it can't be done as a ranked map when you are done, and it would be in your best interest to make a back-up copy of your original map, and work on the copy. As a matter of fact, it would be a really bad idea to do this to an existing map.

I have created my own versions of existing maps, but I created a stand alone copy of my mods\bf2 directory first and made a new path/shortcut to it. But these versions can't be played online.

Need more info? let me know.

and yes it is simple, all you need to do is go to the gameplayobjects.con file and change the control points area's.

change ObjectTemplate.team 1 to ObjectTemplate.team 0 and it won't belong to anyone at start ie. neutral, you would have to do this for each capture point.

Comment

Working...
          X