Warlord and Infantry only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlord and Infantry only

Warlord has to be one of the best BF2 maps but have you tried it without the armour? It is brilliant, and doesn't seem to suffer from grenade spamming like Karkand does. It's even more of a reason to lash out on special forces. You get some really intense battles now, especially if there are a couple of big squads on each side following orders.

Re: Warlord and Infantry only

Thats a good idea, we might put up a server on warlord with this great talk.

Comment

Yes, you are right, Warlord is definitely a good map for IO.
      Too bad there are less and less players that want some fun and play mostly for points.

Comment

You can still get plenty of points playing Warlord.
        Plus it is lots of fun. I still get lost in the Palace.
        I couldn't play SF with the 1.3 patch. So now have lots of catching up to do.

Comment

Hum Warlorad IO? Sounds interesting.

Once you get the feel of the Palace you stop falling into the predictable Claymore traps.

Comment

Yeah, I love the map but have only played a few rounds of IO on it.

Comment

It was AWESOME!!!! I played on a server last night that had 5 SF maps all IO!
              Warlord definitely rocked!!! Iron Gator was onesided though....with out choppers and jet skis (boats only) it was almost impossible for MEC to get on the carrier. Surge was great and so was Mass Destruction....I quit before the 5th map cycled so I can't report on that one but Warlord was by far the best!

The battles were isolated but very intense, especially when 2 - 6man squads were facing off and re-spawning on their SL!!

Comment

Originally posted by kulamonster3
                It was AWESOME!!!! I played on a server last night that had 5 SF maps all IO!
                Warlord definitely rocked!!! Iron Gator was onesided though....with out choppers and jet skis (boats only) it was almost impossible for MEC to get on the carrier. Surge was great and so was Mass Destruction....I quit before the 5th map cycled so I can't report on that one but Warlord was by far the best!

The battles were isolated but very intense, especially when 2 - 6man squads were facing off and re-spawning on their SL!!
                I wasn't so keen on IO Surge, walking for ages as Spetsnaz and then getting picked off by a sniper. Felt it was too spread out at the start.

Mass Destruction was better but a bit of a grenade fest until the Spetsnaz broke through - then the fun began!

I actually thought Ghost Town was a big improvement in IO though...

Comment

I agree - just played Warlord IO yesterday for the first time and it is way better - very intense and a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Pensioner66
                    It is brilliant, and doesn't seem to suffer from grenade spamming like Karkand does.
                    ummmmmmmm.......i guess u havent been in a nade war in the palace yet....even though thats fun too :P its still my fav map so far, even with nades raining in the palace....

Comment

sounds fun to me maby ill have to get on and try the inf only.. havent tryed it on sf yet..

Comment

I find myself just running from flag to flag as an assault troop, using the grappling hook to perfection. If you can get a medic to hang out with you, you can rack up a ton of points, but the constant dash accross the map gets tired and boring.

Comment

I disagree, the best chance sas have on that map is for them to take a car to the mosque at teh start, then work at the palace. without it at least the server i played, it was more or less suicide mission the tv tower.

IO gives mec a too big an advantage on that map

Comment

The only problem I have with Warlord is how long it takes to get all the way back to the palace. You must have one squad dedicated to getting the Mosque then jump to the palace and the more players on the Insurgent team, the harder it is. I am sure we all could rank it as one of the best IO maps in the game. Ghost town is up there too.

The point about less grenade spam...well, I think the real spammers are people that are strictly Karkand players and not people that venture off to the more esoteric add-ons like EF or SF. Most SF players are more serious and better.

Sadly, if there was a poll for "Best IO Map", the SF maps would not rank because we are so out numbered. Hell, Iron Gator is great if you can just get onboard! I have yet to play Devil's Perch.

Comment

OMG I still haven't found a Warlord IO server!! Stupid SF has like 5 servers I can choose from, and they each have 2 people on em...

Comment

Working...
                              X